Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Local news/police telling people to look for signs of 'grow operations'

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I would be more worried about people breaking in to steal the "pot" they think is growing, LOL.

I think I would do what Drew said, call your local police department and tell them what you have and also talk to your neighors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Errr, I don't think the point was to get the cops off your back, I think the point was to convince them it's unnecessary to kick your door down and shoot your dog. I'd say it's going to take a little more than a few D. capensis and D. muscipula to convince any cop that your only intention is growing CPs. So you'd have to actually be growing a good number of plants in some kind of tent or greenhouse to even convince them you're not a "threat," I'd imagine. Even then, who's to say they wouldn't surprise visit you a few months later? Again, I don't think the point is to be permanently on their whitelist, but to protect your dog's and even you and/or your family's safety and lives (if you were to react to people busting into your house in the middle of the night by defending yourself, thus getting shot).
    I know what the point was. I was just thinking how unrealistic it would be to just invite them into your home to see your legit plants and think that will stop them from taking action in the future if they believe you really have illegal plants.
    'Celebrate the birth of our nation by blowing a little piece of it up'.The Simpsons.
    My grow list ~http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=107403

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    I know what the point was. I was just thinking how unrealistic it would be to just invite them into your home to see your legit plants and think that will stop them from taking action in the future if they believe you really have illegal plants.
    Excpecially since they would then know that you have all the meens nessesary to do so if you wanted.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Justgrow them in a basement if you can.. That solves everything.. If your neighbor is soo keen on the whereabouts of your pots and soil that you carry from ur car to your house you should be more worried than they are

I hate bugs. Carnivorous plants get me. jpappy789's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I've said this already here but I suspect the local police for basically sitting outside my house randomly quite a few times and the only thing I can think of is that I oftentimes leave my blinds open to my room...which has quite a few grow lights visible from the street.
    -Josh
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think about this all the time. Luckily where I live pot isn't really a big deal. If my neighbors could see my setup (which they can't) they'd be more likely to try and buy some than to call the cops. I just get annoyed at how many people either think I'm lying when I say I don't grow pot, or, if I can convince them, don't understand why I spend my energy growing things I can't get high on.
    If a situation like that came up, or if I moved, I'd talk to my landlord/neighbors/authorities and invited them to check it out. Otherwise I would probably lose sleep worrying about it. But that's just me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For crying out loud. Reminds me of Nazi Germany. It's funny how people forget history doom themselves to repeat it.

---------- Post added at 06:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 AM ----------

Oh forgot to mention. Anyone deemed a "terrorist" can be held indefinitely without trial abs even be made to disappear with this new bill that went into law over newyears. And people say there is mo tyrany in our government. It is going to turn into our founding fathers breaking away from Britain all over again. It is ridiculous what our government and local police have become.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's really disgusting that America has become the land where no one is allowed to mind their own business.

My room faces the forest so only if people are walking the trails at night would they see the window lit up with the terrarium lights. If you're worried I'd definitely get some light blocking curtains for the outer blinds, however there is supposed to be "proof" for getting a raid together, not just lights coming out of a window. Like an informant telling them "that guy sold me weed, he grows it in his house." Of course, they aren't above creating an imaginary "anonymous informant" on paper who supposedly said such things.

As for suing the cops for a botched / erroneous raid you can forget about that. The response would be "They acted in accordance of police procedure to ensure the safety of the community, that they killed your family and your dog was just a 'regrettable accident'..."

"Call em up and invite the cops in" is about the worst thing I can imagine someone doing. You're giving them an invite to come and stomp all over your 4th Amendment rights to search and seizure of whatever they might find "interesting" anywhere in your home. Your PC perhaps might be interesting; "guess we'll take that with us when we go." Even if you don't have anything on your PC to hide, do you want them rifling through you life?

They want us to give up our freedom willingly, that way they don't have to spend time making all these laws that let them take it from us...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast