Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unseasonably warm temperatures

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unseasonably warm temperatures

Went to check on the dormant plants that I keep outside today. Thanks to the unseasonably warm temperatures for this time of year (55F last week here in IN ), the sundews (mainly filiformis) seem to be thinking that they are back in FL and are throwing out the first leaves of the season.
    I didn't have the heart to tell them that cold weather was right around the corner and that April was still some ways away...

Any other northerners out there witnessing their plants enjoying the unusual warm weather?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its been oddly warm here in MD too although we get snow yesterday and now its in the 50's? How strange but my plants havent broken dormancy so i guess thats a good thing, mainly sarrs are outside i have my filiformis in the fridge right now and will make it go through dormancy lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    furthermore, my mediterranean climate has been missing our characteristic wet cold season. it's just been cold here. no snow in the mountains either.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been really warm up here in Boston too. This is the first year that I'm actually worried about losing some vft's and Sarracenias. There's no covering of snow and the bogs are full of hoar ice. Fingers crossed that everything makes it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been pretty warm here in Ottawa, Ontario too. We've been in the positives many time. Usually around this time it's at -20ish celsius.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very warm here for the time of the year.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes... quite warm here as well. It has only been below freezing a hand full of times. And was nearly 50 degrees for a week or so straight.

Luckily my plants do not accept the low light levels as enough to break dormancy. Also, they will have a rough rest of the winter if it does stay below freezing for long...
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

I hate bugs. Carnivorous plants get me. jpappy789's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been in the 40s here, which is weird...supposed to get rather cold though soon.
    -Josh
    Grow list

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast