What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my plant thread

• Thread starter corky
  • Start date
'Nice-going getting that D. slackii to bloom. I've been trying for years!

Looking good as usual Corky.
Did you get a new camera? Your pic quality seems to have improved quite a bit!

that robc took one heck of a leaf jump :D it must be so happy

and very nice hamata :)

thanks Mark its the second year in a row that same plant has flowered for me,no flowers when i grew it under lights but when i started to grow it on a southern windowsill during the winter months it seemed to like it,it will go outside with most my other dews within the month

Looking good as usual Corky.
Did you get a new camera? Your pic quality seems to have improved quite a bit!

Mass think its the same camera maybe i am getting to know it better,most those recent pis are under natural light so thats more likely why though . Mylesg thanks , really hope for bigger things from my cantleyii in the near future ,but we will see big leaves do not always mean big pitchers for me:-(

Last edited:
a few pics of outdoor plants,not sure how this season will turn out as our winter seems to of lasted seven months ,i hope the plants catch up,first off are flowers on a garden center save purpurea and oreophila d.regia new pitchers on the way from darlingtonia and the vft's

a few recent nep pics a darker peristome on ventricosa x spectabilis robcantleyii enjoying some warmer temps campanulata x robcantleyii glabrata working on its first pitcher in my care and a couple of pics of singalana as its looking fine at the moment a little fusca pitcher macfarlanei managed to get hold of n.attenboroughii hamata still growing sweet newest pitcher and a photogenic little beetle on an outdoor regia :-D

Last edited:
things are moving right along corky! looking good..

Very nice! Did the attenboroughii come from AW?

beautiful update :D

i love your singalana bush, looks so happy!

thanks Mass and Myles,no Don the plant was off a private grower in the uk

n.glabrata has opened two pitchers,i likes em and a couple of pics of a recently opened sanguinea upper,i moved the plant in front of a window a couple of months back because the plant was far too big under the lights,it has started to enjoy the extra light (natural)and rewarded me with this upper,far bigger than any upper grown under the lights about 6.5 inches to top of lid,under the lights 3 or 4 and some ceph pitcher pullings are starting to show growth, darlingtonia and hamata just gets better a new pitcher from n.burb still on the small side but i still dig the stripes the best pic i have managed to get of my NOID pygmy dews flower :-D

That Nepenthes sanguinea goes great with the chains that it's wrapped around! It looks...deadly.

'Great-looking plants, Corky. You just make me want to grow N. glabrata more.

plantplanter i agree the plants seem to like and look cool with the chains,cheers mark ,glabrata pitchers are great colours,a few more pics ,starting with lueco baldwin county giant oreophila sand mountain form finally potted up my red dragon flower stalk plantlets and i think some form of spatulata venusta recovering after flowering and a small cunefolia settling in nicely some slackii i have grown from leaf pullings looking nice and dewy puchella from this years gemmea doing well hilaris ,i have dried the plant out so soil is just damp for the warmer months,the main plant looks bad but has sent up two new plantlets from the base ,this is a good thing as leaf pullings and root cuttings have failed so far this newest pitcher from n.ovata is about three times the size of any previous ,shame the lid is a bit deformed a slightly better pic of my noid pygmy flower not a cp but a stunning flower on a cactus my mum grows :-D

Nice to see that your D. hilaris is weathering the heat so far - and new plants are a nice bonus. My littler plants are riding out that particular storm now as well. But my D. slackii, as yours I see, are loving it.

thanks Mark,if only everything grew as well as slackii for me

a few more pics,i thought the last leaf Robc produced was a good jump in size but this is getting silly,gonna need a bigger boat:-O n.ovata colouring up another little n.fusca pitcher,i have had this plant years and its done nothing but just about hang in ,maybe the start of a new era n.spatulata has a new pitcher and its the largest it has produced to date my attempts at growing pings are not the most successful ,esseriana x tina another upper from sanguinea,glad this plant seems to of taken to its new home in front of the window ,see how i wrap tendrils around tendrils ,seems to work this is a first for me ,my ceph flowers are open and i have been playing bees with a small paint brush,was surprised how long the stalks are,30"and i turned the pot daily so the stalk grew straight up (OCD maybe) this little ceph division seems to of grown well over the last few months same plant end of january and a capensis all red flower ,i have tried pollinating with slackii,we will see :-D

Awesome plants! I see you favor the wide peristomes. I do also.

Hope that ceph produces tons of seed! Send some my way ;)

Awesome plants! I see you favor the wide peristomes. I do also.

Hope that ceph produces tons of seed! Send some my way ;)

thanks jcal,i do love the wide peristomes ,and if you lived in the uk you would be more than welcome to some seeds, a few pics n.ovata robc and colouring up a bit cunefolia with a decent meal and now a few darlingtonia glamour shots and this multifida is looking nice compared to its usual straggly self

Last edited:
Back