Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back in business!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Completely radical stuff all around.

The fish bowl and the Pinguicula habitat is phenomenal and so inspirational. Someday when I have my own house....

I love that you've got U. sandersonii flowering all over the place.

Only one issue with the whole thing:

What are you going to do with the poor Dionea and Sarracenia that are in there cooking with the N. bicalcarata?
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow nice setup!! You could put some nepenthes adanta (however you spell it) in those terrariums...it grows small fitting for small spaces

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

I hate bugs. Carnivorous plants get me. jpappy789's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! That's super cool!
    -Josh
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a really nice setup! Like mass said I really like the slide out shelf!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks cool!!

Me thinks though: with such an exposed large area of soil in the open terrarium, dealing with moldy smell and possible fungus gnats infestation must not be fun, if ever it occurs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the great comments guys!!!

The vft and sarr are guinea pigs. Next year, they will go through dormancy like they should... The sarr (x. Catesbaei) is really showing that it misses its annual dormancy, almost no new growth, for the past year... The vft keeps on truckin tho!

No gnat probs anymore, they were an issue for the first couple of weeks, but they have not been an issue since, and I have yet to see one on my pings since. As pings need to dry out between waterings, I have had no mould probs, yet.

The shelf can support up to about 400lbs, so 2 adults can literally sit on the shelf, we tested it out! The aquariums were hand built by me and my dad, as for all of that setup, but I would like to send out some thanks to Swords for all of his input on building/modding terras! Thanks!

My wife broke the mug she made for me, so I recycled it to make a little pot which when matured, will end up on a windowsill.

Good growing!
    Steven
    Grow list...
    http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114907

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” C.S. Lewis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carnivoure12: Sorry, forgot to answer...

I went t o the parc next to my place, picked up a couple twigs and branches, broke them to the inside dimention of the aquarium, made a sort of platform of twigs, then carefully placed the peat mix on top, trying not to let it fall through. Wasn't all that difficult, but i broke the aquarium, a quarter sized piece of glass popped out when i applied too much pressure when placing a stick. I thought that the glass would be stronger than that, but I was wrong. Nothing a little duct tape can't fix!!!
    Grow list...
    http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114907

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” C.S. Lewis

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh that is sweet....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12