Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VFT Poachers Arrested

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow glad to see they were caught but still, I do not think the fine is anywhere near heavy enough. I feel that it should be somewhere in the ball park of > $1000. 20 or 30 bucks is not enough to dissuade poachers.

Also ten cents a piece... wow.

Seriously if times are that hard just invest twenty bucks on ebay and get three or four plants and start breeding...
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Eats genetically engineered tomatoes Sig's Avatar
    Michigan -- If you donít like the weather, blink!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The prices are everything, save the mention of the internet, seems like this article was made 30 years ago...
    Formerly known as Silenceisgod!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Nature Conservancy of North Carolina just made a facebook post about the incident today, so it's recent.

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good...Im surprised they weren't going after S. Oreophila...VFT's are very easy to find on the web and easy to mass produce from seed!

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't find it online right off but I have heard that it's $1000 PER PLANT fine if you are caught poaching Cypripedium reginae (showy lady slipper orchid) here in MN because it's the official state flower.

I remember watching the 5 o'clock news with my dad a few years ago and some guy was bragging about how he and his wife "visit the Boundary Waters Canoe Area every year and bring some plants home to remember our trip by" then they showed his back yard with dozens of Cypripedium reginae plants...
    The channel replays the local news an hour later and that clip had been edited out along with the statement of bringing home plants. LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12