What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Schults plant shine, safe for CP's

mikefallen13

Mr. veitchii
Well my mom bought a bottle of this product for some of her foliage plants but I was wondering if it would be OK to use on my nepenthes to clean off the leaves. It says for hard faced leaves so I know I couldn't use it on any really young or hairy plants but what about my smooth leaved plants like nepenthes maxima? Anybody have any idea?

Whats in it Mike? Cant answer your question just curious.

I have no idea, all it says on the bottle is water based and contains no oils

Ive tried stuff like it on Nepenthes, should work fine. Just spray the leaves with water after using it ;)

Why do you need to clean the leaves of your Nepenthes? Are they dusty?

Yeah there just kind of dirty and since it supposedly makes the leaves nice and shiny I thought I would use this instead of just wiping them off with water

I've never used this product on neps or anything else, but with some other houseplants I've just mixed some fresh lemon juice and water and wiped them down.

As a young man I worked in nurseries. We just mixed up 1/2 and 1/2 water with 70% Iso. alcohol. Spray on a rag and wipe the leaves. We used it on all the plants that went up to the showroom, even some ferns.

Back