What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1 of how many?!?!

Looks like your spectabilis x hamata came in very good shape. They're going to pan out very nicely, I think.

Hype building 101.

Your spectabilis x hamata has a really nice shape to it, and the coloration looks promising.

Your spectabilis x hamata has a really nice shape to it, and the coloration looks promising.

Yup, pretty excited about that one. I have another smaller one that will be going into the NASC auction this spring.

The winter growing Drosera shelf in the basement. Hibernating Cephalotus and european terrestrial orchids are also sharing the space for now. I was stuck using T8's for a while, just put them under some much better lights and started feeding them like crazy. Already seeing an advance in growth after less than a week.
050.jpg

Drosera peltata - White Flower
051.jpg

Basal rosette
054.jpg

Vertical growth.
055.jpg

Drosera modesta
053.jpg

Drosera cistiflora - Pink Flower
052.jpg

Some pygmies full of gemmae.
Drosera scorpioides
046-1.jpg

Drosera patens
049.jpg

Drosera paleacea ssp. leioblastus
048-1.jpg

Drosera omissa - Pink Flower
047-1.jpg

Drosera paleacea ssp. roseana
044-1.jpg

Drosera felix
018-1.jpg

Drosera graomogolensis
017.jpg

Drosera spiralis
016-2.jpg

Heliamphora heterodoxa x minor
014.jpg

Heliamphora sarracenioides - Picking up speed nicely.
015-1.jpg

Heliamphora minor - Finally recovering after showing up completely shattered.
013-2.jpg

Genlisea hispidula
040.jpg

A root coming through the bottom into the water below.
019.jpg

Nepenthes x 'Miranda'
011-1-1.jpg

012-1-2.jpg

Nepenthes maxima x platychila
003-2.jpg

Nepenthes ventricosa x ephippiata
004-3.jpg

Nepenthes alata - "boschiana mimic"
002-1-1.jpg

Nepenthes diatas - Just recovering from "retard pitcher syndrome".
005-4.jpg

006-1-5.jpg

Nepenthes veitchii - Pink
001-3.jpg

Nepenthes naga
007-1-3.jpg

008-4.jpg

Nepenthes jamban
009-3.jpg

022.jpg

023-3.jpg

Nepenthes alata - Spotted
036-1.jpg

Nepenthes maxima - Formerly eymae (Now BE Clone #2 I believe)
010-5.jpg

030-1.jpg

031-1.jpg

032-1.jpg

033-1.jpg

Nepenthes truncata - Pasian Highland
037-1.jpg

020-3.jpg

021-2.jpg

Nepenthes robcantleyii
025-1.jpg

Bries robcantleyii just opened a very pale colored pitcher.
034-1.jpg

035-2.jpg

Nepenthes mikei
027-1.jpg

026-1.jpg

Nepenthes fusca - "Form A"
029-2.jpg

038-2.jpg

Nepenthes hamata - BE Clone #3380
039-2.jpg

040-2.jpg

Nepenthes hamata - AW Clone #4
041-2.jpg

043-1-1.jpg

042-1.jpg

Q: Did your N. naga come from a well-known CP personality in Eugene, OR?

No Paul. It came from Tony.

very nice update Johnny!

That is a seriously stunning maxima. 0_0

I love the hamata. It must be so cool seeing them color up. Nice pics :)

No Paul. It came from Tony.

Ahh, OK, thanks for that info. I have a seed grown one from Dean Cook, and I was wondering if it was true-to-species, since it lacks the "tongue" appendage so far. It reminds me a lot of my N. izumiae. But then, I don't know a thing about what N. naga seedlings are supposed to look like!

Mine has the appendage clearly starting at the anterior underside portion of the lid. I guess my angle was off on the photos. It's working on another one now, hopefully the appendage will be even more well developed on that one.

Wow, nice pics, that is a stunning maxima!

Mine has the appendage clearly starting at the anterior underside portion of the lid. I guess my angle was off on the photos. It's working on another one now, hopefully the appendage will be even more well developed on that one.

You can see a current photo of my seed-grown specimen here. There is no indication of either appendage on the underside of the operculum (lid), at least not yet. It does resemble your plant in its general appearance, however.

Both appendages taake some time to develop from what I remember reading. Do either of yours have hairy leaf margins? Mine does, and from what I've seen N. bongso lacks this, so it may solidify it as a separate species.

Also, weird gemmae on the palaecea ssp. leioblastus.

Here are the hairy leaf margins :
001-4.jpg

002-2.jpg

005-5.jpg

And the developing appendage :
003-5.jpg

006.jpg

004-4.jpg

There's no sign of the rear appendage yet but, being that's it's far less prominent than the front one it may develop later on. Hope you guys can see it ok, that's about the limit of my skills with a camera.

I can see it perfectly fine. There's no mistaking the hairs. Now I need to get a closer look at bongso.

just now wading through all the pages of photos! what size are the bogs? this sarr is great (leucophylla X purpurea purpurea heterophylla) X (leucophylla X psitticina) so is the n. gothica.

Back