What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks Man-Maiden. I'm hoping to add several more Heliamphora species to the collection in this next year. Year of the Heli !

Beautiful collection. Do you think you could outline your seed sowing techniques? You seem to be very successful in growing plants from seed.

Beautiful collection. Do you think you could outline your seed sowing techniques? You seem to be very successful in growing plants from seed.

I get asked this question a lot. I really don't do anything special. I sow the seeds on a roughly 50/50 peat/sand mix in 6 cell seed starter "pots". I then spray fertilizers on them to water them into the soil. I place them in a covered seed tray under lights at room temp until the seeds germinate. I then pot the seedlings communally in 4" pots in a thin layer of milled lfs over my standard Nepenthes mix and place them uncovered in my grow area. Once the seedlings get to about 1" in diameter, I pot them individually.

Cephalotus follicularis - Hummer's Giant - 6 month old pulling.

Drosera ascendens

Drosera graomogolensis

Drosera felix - Freshly repotted and flowering.

Drosera graminifolia

Drosera spiralis

Drosera modesta winning the race for the tuberous species this year.

Heliamphora sarracenioides

Heliamphora collina

Heliamphora tatei

Heliamphora x 'Tequila' Flowering

Heliamphora uncinata

Heliamphora sp. nov. 'Angasima'

Heliamphora arenicola

Heliamphora heterodoxa x minor

Nepenthes x 'Gothica'

Nepenthes muluensis x lowii

Nepenthes x trusmadiensis

Nepenthes rajah x mira

Nepenthes boschiana

Nepenthes burbidgea - Pig Hill

Nepenthes edwardsiana - SG Mt. Tambuyukon

Nepenthes glandulifera - Seed Grown

Nepenthes gracilliflora

Nepenthes hamata - BE Clone #4495

Nepenthes macrophylla - AW clone

Nepenthes macrophylla - Seed Grown

Nepenthes naga #2

Nepenthes naga #1

Nepenthes nigra

Nepenthes peltata

Nepenthes sp. #1

Nepenthes taminii

Nepenthes tenuis - Christian Klein

Nepenthes tobaica

Nepenthes veitchii - Pa U'mor Seed Grown #1

Nepenthes veitchii - Pa U'mor Seed Grown - #2

Nepenthes villosa - Mt. Tambuyukon Seed Grown

Nepenthes vogelii with a slightly retarded lid.

Pinguicula agnata 'True Blue'

Pinguicula sp. Pachuca

Sea of Sarracenia seedlings.

Utricularia alpina

Dooooopppeee... Man your collection really is amazing. And I wish my alpina would flower. Grrr..

Wow great update

Dooooopppeee... Man your collection really is amazing. And I wish my alpina would flower. Grrr..

Thanks and be patient, now that it's cooling off a bit you should see more action with the epiphytic Utrics.

Really nice collection. A lot of species worthy of envy you got there...

Beautiful pics man very well taken, awesome collection J!!!

My jaw just dropped.

That was a huge and impressive update!

Nice to see all the 'dews prospering. That is one beautiful D. ascendans. I'm still trying to get similar results.

Nice to see all the 'dews prospering. That is one beautiful D. ascendans. I'm still trying to get similar results.

Thanks Mark. D.ascendens has so far taken the longest of my SA dews to come around. It took a solid 6 months to acclimate it to ambient humidity. I'm hoping for flowers after some lighting adjustments in spring.

amazing plants collection you got there! Good work :)

Drosera venusta coccicaulis

Pinguicula hemiepiphytica

Pinguicula x 'Titan'

Pinguicula x 'sethos'

Pinguicula kondoi

Pinguicula cyclosecta

Nepenthes x 'splendiana' Ripening seed pods.

Nepenthes muluensis x lowii

Nepenthes aristolochioides x diatas

Nepenthes lowii x ephippiata

Nepenthes x trusmadiensis - Clone 1

Nepenthes dubia

Nepenthes edwardsiana

Nepenthes taminii

Nepenthes tobaica

Nepenthes vogelii

Nepenthes burkei

Nepenthes boschiana

Nepenthes hirsuta with basal

Nepenthes tenuis - AW

Love that Tubby Tammy tenuis! ;-)
Your P. cyclosecta almost makes me want to grow Pinguiculas!

Thanks Paul. The cyclosecta is a new arrival and still looks a bit rough. Gimme a month or so with it, should look even nicer.

I love the Kondoi and cyclosecta!

I see your P. cyclosecta is in its winter-rosette stage. Shows me how unnatural my conditions are as mine is in bloom, ha! I really like your N x trusmadiensis. Not only is it toothy but I like the form of the pitcher as well.

I see your P. cyclosecta is in its winter-rosette stage. Shows me how unnatural my conditions are as mine is in bloom, ha!

That cyclosecta is actually a fairly new arrival from grower/vendor up in your area. It arrived here a few weeks ago with the succulent phase already well started. Mine don't really have too much reason or rhyme as to when they choose to go dormant, regardless of watering and light cycles. Mine usually go through 2 major periods of dormancy a year. Most will go through the normal winter dormancy starting in November or December when I stop watering them and then a 2nd, shorter dormancy July into September when it's blazing hot out. I get flowers even when plants have gone into a tight rosette of succulent leaves, through most flowering occurs shortly after the plants resume active growth. I can't figure this complex out at all but they all seem happy and healthy year round.

Back