What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thank you. Those bladders are from U.longifolia which has become a huge pest in my Nepenthes collection. The tuberous Drosera are in a mix of about 3 parts sand to 1 part peat. I'll be trying some in pure sand this year though.

Man, I wish my longifolia did that. I guess my growing conditions just aren't good enough. None of the weedy utrics are weedy for me. I'll probably be repotting my tuberous sundew after this growing season is over too. I'll try your growing mix.

Some nice progress, dude. Seeing well grown plants when there's a ******* blizzard outside really gives me that warm, fuzzy feeling.

Yeah, you guys just got a dose of what we deal with for 4 months out of the year. Sucks, doesn't it ?

amazing variety of plants,i think your Nepenthes leonardoi is the plant i covet the most,argh and the drosera i love em all:hail:

Great color on everything! Loving your helis..

Thanks man. Just switched up the lighting on the Heliamphora. It's obviously made a huge difference.

For me it's the D. macrophylla and the Drosera erythrorhiza that really turn my crank. Both are really beyond my conditions right now so it is nice to at least live vicariously. Beautiful plants!

For me it's the D. macrophylla and the Drosera erythrorhiza that really turn my crank. Both are really beyond my conditions right now so it is nice to at least live vicariously. Beautiful plants!

C'mon Mark, you can do them ! A little extra thought just needs to be put into their seasonal requirements. Try it next year with some of the less demanding ones. Once you get a handle on the dormancy thing, they're easy peasy.

Wow, ridiculous selection. Nice growing, especially with the tuberous Drosera and H. sarracenioides!

Thanks Dex. I like to keep a wide variety of plants to break up the monotony. I love Nepenthes for instance but if that were all I grew, I'd lose interest eventually.

Personally, I'd love to get back into tuberous dews. Think I may have to get back in touch with the old source..
Have you done any tuber inspections, or is this their first dormancy break? Curious to see how well the tubers multiply with a proper/successful dormant period.

The production of tubers really depends mostly on species. Species like D.modesta or D.menziesii produce tubers far more readily than plants like D.gigantea or D.erythrorhiza for instance. Several of mine produced dozens of extra tubers last season and I'm expecting even more this year.

Last edited:
Nepenthes alata - "Speckled"

Nepenthes bongso - Gunung Merapi - AW

Nepenthes burbidgea - Pig Hill

Nepenthes burkei

Nepenthes edwardsiana

Nepenthes glandulifera - Seed Grown

Nepenthes hamata - Katopassa - Seed Grown

Nepenthes macrophylla - Seed Grown

Nepenthes nigra - AW

Nepenthes platychila

Nepenthes tentaculata - Mt. Kinabalu

Nepenthes ventricosa x (aristolochioides x thorelii)

Nepenthes aristolochioides x diatas

Heliamphora x 'Tequila'

Pinguicula macrophylla showing it's distinct winter hibernacula.

Drosera x anglica - Alakai Swamp, HI

Drosera x anglica - Kanaele Bog, HI

Drosera purpurescens

Drosera macrophylla ssp. monatha

It's uncanny how identical the pitcher on your tiny N. nigra looks in comparison to the tiny pitchers my AW hamata used to produce...

Very nice growing all around

It does look very similar since H.hamata and H.nigra are so closely related. It looks identical to the seed grown N.nigra seedlings I have as well. N.tentaculata seedlings also look almost identical minus the obvious teeth.

Nice plants. Love that d. macrophylla.

Thanks Eric. I should get another one next year in order to hopefully get some seed from them. I'm not 100% sure but I don't think D.macrophylla with self pollinate, even with some assistance.

I totally agree with Dionae.

That is possibly the most beautiful N. alata I have ever seen a photo of. I think this species is seriously underrated.

Thanks Mark. I've always loved the plants in the alata complex and I agree with you 100%.......they just don't get the attention they deserve.

Great peristome on the alata upper. And the tentaculata rivals Mato's in tubbiness.

Amazing plants and a great variety to boot. Love your N. glandulifera, tenuis, Edwardsiana and others. What kind of lights do you use...T5?? :)

Back