What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great peristome on the alata upper. And the tentaculata rivals Mato's in tubbiness.

Mat's plant and my plant are from the same batch. It's by far the most stunning variety of tentaculata that I've seen. That pitcher opened up in between 2 pots and got a bit compressed but the next ones should develop normally.

Amazing plants and a great variety to boot. Love your N. glandulifera, tenuis, Edwardsiana and others. What kind of lights do you use...T5?? :)

Thanks. I do use T5's, 4 tube fixtures. 6500k on the cool spectrum and 3500k on the warm.

Cephalotus follicularis - Typical

Cephalotus follicularis - "Hummer's Giant"

Pinguicula hemiepiphytica

Genlisea lobata x violacea

Drosera menziesii ssp. menziesii Recovering nicely after the freeze.

Drosera purpurescens

Drosera cistiflora

Drosera graomogolensis

Heliamphora uncinata

Heliamphora sarracenioides

Heliamphora sp. nov. Angasima

Heliamphora nutans - "Giant"

Nepenthes singalana x hamata "Red Hairy"

Nepenthes lowii x ephippiata

Nepenthes eymae x (stenophylla x lowii)

Nepenthes fallax

Nepenthes gracilliflora

Nepenthes tobaica

Nepenthes hamata - BE #3495

Nepenthes muluensis

Nepenthes stenophylla - Bareo

Nepenthes edwardsiana - Seed Grown - Mt. Tambuyukon

Nepenthes tentaculata - Mt Kinabalu

Last edited:
Great update how come you use stenophyla and falax

Because one came to me as a seed grown N.stenophylla and the other as a tissue cultured N.fallax.

Really curious to see how the N. fallax compares to the stenophylla in the end. Great update all around, Johnny. After seeing a petiolaris dew in person yesterday, the hook is dangling ominously close..

There are already some noticeable although not dramatic differences between the 2. So far the fallax is much more hairy and less glanduliferous than the stenophylla. Could just be normal variation or the age of the plants, time will tell.

Is the fallax a wistuba clone?

Oh ok i thought it was a name change and stenophyla was now fallax

Oh ok i thought it was a name change and stenophyla was now fallax

No, some say they are different species, some claim they are synonymous with each other. For now I'll just keep them labeled as they were when they arrived.

That Nepenthes tobaica is so red! And what are the plants near the tentaculata in the last picture? Are they Utrics or just weeds? The leaves on the plant with the red stem look like feathers. Very interesting.

I have no idea what that is. It's some kind of fern like runner that grew out of some moss that was used as packing material for the plant. There's a flower from it in the last pic. Look down at the bottom of the pitcher, that little club like structure sticking up is the flower. That other feathery looking one is some kind of Mimosa the best I can tell. Those leaves open up during the day then fold up like that during the night.

The green leafed ones look like a form of penny-wort to me.

I agree that it's some kind of Pennywort although one I've never seen. SE Asian species more than likely.

Whoa, that tray of Drosera menziesii! Wonderful. The D. cistiflora are lovely and seeing them beside the tuberous 'dews explains to me why they grow poorly for me.

Yeah Mark, the growing requirements for D.cistiflora are pretty much exactly the same as the tuberous species. Cool, wet winters and hot, dry summers.

I'm coming to the conclusion that this is what D. hilaris would like as well. In Nepenthes terms, I mainly grow intermediate and these plants are closer to highland, at least during their growing season. It is nice to see it done right.

I am in love with your D. menziesii. I stared at that photo wayyy too long. The red coloration in general that you are able to achieve on all your dews is gorgeous. Do you ever get spare tubers?

Thanks. D.menziesii regularly produces tubers. The population of that pot just about doubles every year.

Back