What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm looking forward to pics of the D. gigantea. 'An awesome species that isn't often cultivated.

D.gigantea is by far the most difficult one I've tried. Still haven't got it 100% figured out and I accidentally snapped the stolon off mine while checking on it. It might do something this year, might not.

Last edited:
Is this all setup in the basement still?

Utricularia livida

Pinguicula rectifolia - Winter Growth

Pinguicula gypsicola - Winter Growth

Pinguicula rotundiflora

Pinguicula jaumavensis

Pinguicula moctezumae

Pinguicula agnata "True Blue"

Pinguicula agnata "Red Leaf"

Pinguicula laueana

Pinguicula sp. Tonala "ANPA-A"

Drosera aberrans

Drosera basifolia

Drosera cistiflora - Growing with Geissorhiza radians and Tritonia rosea.

Drosera magna

Drosera menziesii

Drosera modesta

Drosera ramellosa

Drosera rupicola

Drosera spiralis

Drosera subhirtella

Drosera tomentosa var. tomentosa

Drosera zigzagia

Nepenthes lowii x ephippiata

Nepenthes boschiana - Male Flower

Nepenthes ephippiata

Nepenthes hamata - BE #3495

Nepenthes hamata - MT Clone

Nepenthes jamban

Nepenthes leonardoi

Nepenthes platychila

Nepenthes stenophylla

Nepenthes veitchii - "Pink"

Last edited:
I've never even heard of half of those Drosera species. Keep them coming, dude. Doing a great job.

I've never even heard of half of those Drosera species. Keep them coming, dude. Doing a great job.

Thanks Mat. Still lots more oddball Drosera to come, just waiting for them to come up for the season.

A nice post-Christmas gift, this posting. Cool stuff, man!

Very nice! Especially that lowii x ephippiata.

I love the Drosera rupicola. Great pics. Always love when you update your thread.

Thanks guys.

D.rupicola gets even more interesting as the season moves along.

Last edited:
I knew it was a mistake giving up my lowii x ephippiata. Thing is gorgeous!
Looking good as always..

great plants and superb pics. my fave is the leonardi, showing some fangs.

I knew it was a mistake giving up my lowii x ephippiata. Thing is gorgeous!
Looking good as always..

Yeah, it's a pretty cool plant. Should be interesting considering how similar the 2 species are. It sure is a lot faster than either parent, that's for sure !

Johnny, how close do you keep your lights to your dews? I had a REALLY THICK flower stalk grow from my D. aliciae and it formed quite plump, fertile looking flower buds. A couple of them began to bloom and then the flower stalk unfortunately got fried being too close to my T-5 lights. Was my fault for letting it come into contact w/ the light fixture, I just cannot see how I could let it bloom without moving it to a different spot on the rack. Completely turned black and withered. Any advice on allowing the stalks to grow naturally and produce seed without letting them burn up on the lights? Newb mistake.

Last edited:
I keep my lights about 18"- 24" above most of the Drosera. I still have trouble with some of the tuberous species frying their tips at that height though.

Oh wow alright. I would not have guessed that height. I've been told to keep the lights no higher than 8-12 inches above and I've got T-5's. Maybe that's why my drosera are so red lol.

8"-12" is fine if you don't want flowers. Plants might not be quite as red with the lights higher but at least you'll get some seed.

That is a killer collection of Drosera. I would be surprised if anybody on the east coast could compare.

Last edited:
Back