Likes Likes:  0
Page 67 of 98 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast

Thread: My photo thread.

The sticky ones are my favorite. Tacks's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a great-looking D. spiralis – I've never seen one with that many active leaves.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacks View Post
    That's a great-looking D. spiralis – I've never seen one with that many active leaves.
    I have several of them and I assumed that they were all the same clone but that particular plant is the only one that puts out that many leaves at the same time. The other plants have more typical growth for the species, only having 3 or 4 leaves at once.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't realize that Nepenthes reinwardtiana could be speckled. You have an interesting variety.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanukimo View Post
    I didn't realize that Nepenthes reinwardtiana could be speckled. You have an interesting variety.
    I've never seen one like this. It's also curiously lacking the 2 eye spots in the throat that's common to the species.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My new favorite thread! So many unusual sticky plants displayed in one place....must be heaven!

On the spiralis with the many leaves, is it possible that it is graminifolia or something different? Can you offer any advice on D. spiralis? I recently lost 1 of only 2 and I want to do my last one right!
    My Grow/Want Lists
    -The horticulturalist formerly known as Shortbus-

The sticky ones are my favorite. Tacks's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu138 View Post
    I have several of them and I assumed that they were all the same clone but that particular plant is the only one that puts out that many leaves at the same time. The other plants have more typical growth for the species, only having 3 or 4 leaves at once.
    Sounds like a keeper! What sort of conditions/media do you grow it in?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fernando Rivadavia has seen photos of my plants and confirmed them all as D.spiralis. I've had that plant much longer than the other 2. It's probably just my conditions but, time will tell. I grow all my SA Drosera the same way. They're grown in trays in the basement where it always stays cool and fairly humid under T-5's. They're in 6" deep pots with a media of milled lfs, sand and perlite. They all seem very happy and flower very well for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have some beautiful, beautiful plants. I especially liked that pic of "P.esseriana", that looked almost like a pink carnation or something. :P

Those nepenthes on the first page are also fantastic. I'm in the process of getting a 20 gal. terrarium set up so that I can attempt keeping some.