What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

just starting their erect growth for the season.
;)

Not but seriously, your tuberous dews are just out of control! Really impressive.

The Utricularia blooms, incredible.

N. aristolochioides x diatas, what a peculiar cross!

;)

Not but seriously, your tuberous dews are just out of control! Really impressive.

The Utricularia blooms, incredible.

N. aristolochioides x diatas, what a peculiar cross!

Thank you much.

I think I might be moving the N.aristolochioides x diatas along soon. It was really attractive when it was younger but these more mature pitchers are getting pretty boring if you ask me.

Before:

After:

Drosera hookeri

Drosera humilis

Drosera menziesii

Drosera modesta

Drosera peltata

Drosera porrecta - Northern Form

Drosera porrecta - Southern Form

Drosera purpurascens

Drosera rupicola

Drosera subhirtella

Whole tray of Tuberous Drosera.

Drosera spiralis

Pinguicula sp. Tehuacan

Pinguicula ? - I got this plant in a trade about 4 years ago as "Pinguicula gigantea", which it obviously isn't. This if the 1st time in 4 years that the plant has flowered. Hopefully there will soon be a positive ID on this thing.

Heliamphora cilliata - 1st maturish pitcher.

Heliamphora collina

Heliamphora minor

Heliamphora nutans - Yuyurani (?)

Heliamphora pulchella

Heliamphora sarraceniodes x ? - I found these growing the the H.sarracenioides pot. I did not pollinate any flowers but somehow the 2nd flower on the stalk got pollinated.

Nepenthes chaniana - BE

Nepenthes glandulifera - Seed Grown - EP

Nepenthes singalana - Belirang

Last edited:
I am amazed at the beauty of the D. purpurascens and I'm glad you posted several photos of them. 'Looking forward to seeing the D. porrecta when they have fully developed.

Both D.purpurascens and D.porrecta are in my top 10 favorite carnivorous plants. The Northern form of D.porrecta should be fully open in another week or so.

Stunning as usual! That H. minor up there looks amazing!

I got that H.minor in a trade a few years back. It arrived here bashed to bits without a single intact pitcher. It's come a long way.

Awesome plants! Very well grown, Johnny!

I got that H.minor in a trade a few years back. It arrived here bashed to bits without a single intact pitcher. It's come a long way.

Yes it has!

Gorgeous!

Drosera aff. stolonifera - Mini Hills Form - Off to a late start this year.

Drosera auriculata

Drosera cistiflora - Pink Flower

Drosera graminifolia (?) - Seed grown plant from a European collection, appears to be D.spiralis.

Drosera humilis

Drosera kaiteurensis

Drosera latifolia

Drosera porrecta - Southern Form

Drosera porrecta - Northern Form

Note that the basal rosettes of this species are elevated off the ground up onto the stalk.

Drosera prostratoscaposa

Drosera ramellosa

Drosera rupicola

Drosera tentaculata (?) - I received this plant as "D.tomentosa var. glabrata" which it obviously isn't.

Drosera zonaria - Getting ready to go dormant.

Heliamphora ciliata

Nepenthes x trusmadiensis - Clone #1

Nepenthes muluensis x lowii

Nepenthes burkei

Nepenthes edwardsiana - Mt. Kinabalu - Seed Grown

Nepenthes glandulifera - EP - Seed Grown

Nepenthes hirsuta - Kuching Spotted

Nepenthes lingulata - Seed Grown

Nepenthes macrophylla - Seed Grown

Nepenthes macrophylla - AW

Nepenthes mikei

Nepenthes naga - Seed Grown

Nepenthes peltata - Seed Grown

Nepenthes veitchii - Pink

Nepenthes veitchii - Pa'Umor - Seed Grown

Nepenthes ventricosa - Flowering Cutting

Last edited:
For some reason the pics aren't loading for me in the thread, but I can click the links to photobucket :scratch:

Johnny, these recent photos do not load at all and neither are they click-able links. :-(

Edit: loading now.

Last edited:
Gee, it's almost painful to come into this thread, everything's so beautiful!
I think other than a mutant pitcher my burkei put out, that's the fattest I've ever seen :). And nice N. lingulata, this species certainly isn't common. I have one seedling that survived out of 50, and it's turning variegated.....

I'm still drooling over the D. porrecta. Tuberous sundews are like dews from another planet.

'Great-looking D. latifolia! This species never seems to do as well for me. Do you grow it in cooler temperatures?

I grow D.latifolia in the basement. This time of year it's very cold cold down there, nights can drop into the high 30's and days rarely exceed 60 under the lights. During the winter this species goes into stasis for me, does pretty much nothing from December to April. During the summer it warms up quite a bit down there though. Days can be in the 80's and even low 90's in July and August with nights dropping into the 60's or 70's. It seems to do best during the warmer months for me and I only see flowers from it in the summer while most of my other SA Drosera are winter flowering.

Those Drosera menziesii flowers look huge compared to the rest of the plant :0o:

Those Drosera menziesii flowers look huge compared to the rest of the plant :0o:

The tallest of the plants are about 14" tall but they're very thin and wiry. The flowers are just under the size of a 1/2 dollar.

Great looking plants Johnny, good growing!

The tallest of the plants are about 14" tall but they're very thin and wiry. The flowers are just under the size of a 1/2 dollar.

Dang. Everything else looks amazing, by the way!

Back