What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great-looking plants. A carnivorous kaleidoscope, for sure! I haven't really been aware of U. endresii but I like that one.

Thanks Mark. U.endresii is not very common and I'm still trying to nail down exactly what it it needs to thrive. I've gotten it to flower 2 years in a row now but the flowers are all wonky. Still missing something it would seem.

Wow! and that bog! :drool:

Do the bog orchids require any ferts or additional care? or do they grow just like the carnivores? I'm not too familiar with these plants.

Last edited:
The bog orchids grow in the same conditions as the carnivores and can usually be found growing right beside them in the wild. I have around 10 species of orchids growing in the same bogs as the cp's.

Where did you get the C. Tuberosis var albiflora?

All my Calopogon came to me as hitchhikers in pots of Sarracenia. I think the C.tuberosus var. albiflora was in with a Sarracenia leucophylla 'Titan' that I got some years ago from a vendor in the Mid Atlantic region.

All my Calopogon came to me as hitchhikers in pots of Sarracenia. I think the C.tuberosus var. albiflora was in with a Sarracenia leucophylla 'Titan' that I got some years ago from a vendor in the Mid Atlantic region.
I would be so happy with calopogon hitchhikers xD

Many people get Calopogon, Pogonia, Spiranthes and other orchid hitchhikers when buying potted Sarracenia and just throw them out assuming they're some kind of grass or weed. The key is to know what the immature and non blooming plants look like. I bought a S.leucophylla once from a vendor in the Northeast and the pot was absolutely loaded with juvenile Calopogon pallidus. I called the vendor and they had been throwing them away while repotting, not knowing what they were. Another grower also was also once given permission to take a few S.purpurea purpurea from a bog on a friends property. The clumps of plants were absolutely infested with Pogonia ophioglossoides and he had no clue.

It's always worth a closer look when buying potted Sarracenia and other plants from collections known to have bog orchids growing with the CP's.

This came to me as Drosera ultramafica, most likely a hybrid though.

Rich brought me an enormous Drosera capensis "Broad Leaf" yesterday.

The Cephalotus flowers are progressing nicely.

Pinguicula macrophylla

Pinguicula gypsicola

Nepenthes rigidifolia x spectabilis

Nepenthes adnata

Nepenthes platychila - Just opened yesterday.

Nepenthes bongso - Seed Grown

Nepenthes fusca - Seed Grown

I find the P. macrophylla flower to be especially attractive. 'Can't quite put my finger on why but that brings up a tough philosophical question anyway. :)

I agree Mark. The flowers have a very unique and attractive shape and color scheme. The full opened leaves are also huge and roundish which also adds to the attractiveness of this species.

I agree Mark. The flowers have a very unique and attractive shape and color scheme. The full opened leaves are also huge and roundish which also adds to the attractiveness of this species.

Not meaning to be a pest, but I'd love to see the leaves. :pics:

I'll post pics of the plant once it's in full, active growth. It only recently started growing for the season and only has a few preliminary leaves at the moment.

That dew is definitely not ultramafica. Looks a lot like a tokaiensis plant, flower included.

Yeah, figured it was some hybrid. Off to the trash heap with it....... Good thing I have some D.ultramafica from seed collected on MT. Victoria.

Cephalotus follicularis - 'Hummer's Giant'

Nepenthes (eymae x clipeata) x clipeata

Nepenthes aristolochioides x diatas

Nepenthes rigidifolia x spectabilis

Nepenthes lowii x ephippiata

Nepenthes diatas - Male Inflorescence

Nepenthes hirsuta - Kuching Spotted

Nepenthes lavicola

Nepenthes hamata - Malesiana Clone

Nepenthes nigra seedlings.

Nepenthes villosa - Mt. Tambuyukon

Nepenthes glandulifera - Seed Grown