What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crissytal

What is and what should never be
Hey everyone,

I haven't been around in quite some time. I'm still alive :). I got burned out from the internet and needed an extended break. I hope everyone is doing well. I'm still growing my plants. Here are a few recent pictures.

As an after thought, if any of these pictures are too large, let me know. I'll fix them.

N. "Red Dragon"
RedDragon.jpg

N. "Queen of Hearts x King of Spades"
QueenofHeartsxKingofSpades.jpg

This one hasn't been very vigorous for me.

N. hamata clone 4

hamataclone4.jpg

This one took over a year to grow roots. It's finally starting to look nice.

Typical Ceph

cephtypical.jpg

Hummer's Giant

cephhummersgiant.jpg

D. trinervia

trinervia.jpg

D. regia group

regia-2.jpg

D. hamiltonii

hamiltonii.jpg

D. "floating"

floating.jpg

D. cuneifolia

cuneifolia-1.jpg

cuneifolia2.jpg

D. venusta coccicaulis (maybe just D. coccicaulis?)

coccicaulis.jpg

D. "Chimanimani Mountains"

ChimanimaniMountains.jpg

D. "Auyan Tepui"

AuyanTepui.jpg

D. adelae

adelae.jpg

B. liniflora

liniflora.jpg

P. "A.L. #13" (Alfred Lau #13)

no13.jpg

P. "A.L. #13" flower, side view, notice how fuzzy it is.

no13fuzz.jpg

no13flower.jpg

P. macrophylla

macrophylla.jpg

P. 'Aphrodite' flower

aphroditeflower.jpg

Ping tray 1

pings2.jpg

Ping tray 2

pings1.jpg

Ooooh wow... :love:
Your collection is just beautiful!!!

Wow, everything looks great.

I know it's been a while, so I'll fill you in on something that is bound to be brought up. N. truncata QoH x KoS is now a species, and is called N. robcantleyi.

Anyway, welcome back!

Wow no joke you're still growing plants! I love your dews, they never fail to impress.

wooohoooo, Crissy is in da house..

wb Crissy, plants are looking good!!! but ummm where are the helis??

good to see ya active again!

Butch

Thanks everyone for the kind words :). I'll get some more pictures as everything settles in. Over the past few weeks I've been busy repotting everything.

Thank you mato. I had no idea that it is now a species.

Hey Av! Well umm...I still have most of them. They just aren't all that pretty. I'll see about getting some pictures.

Like!

Hey glad to see your back :D, everything looks wonderful as always
Oh how's that graomo doing?

A.L #13 is one of my favorite pinguicula. Gigantea type leaves and paintbrush like flowers! :)
Love the ping trays!

yes....it has been a while indeed!
everything looks sooo nice! my favorites are the dews! looking forward to more pictures!

Thanks guys!

Here are a few more. The Helis don't look all that nice. My mix was too open and they dried out too much on more than one occasion. I have a heavier mix now and am seeing new growth.

Nep Lover - Unfortunately it looks like I lost my graomo. It was doing really well. I don't know what happened but it started declining fast. I repotted it, tried some root and leaf cuttings. Doesn't look like anything will make it.

H. "Tequila"
tequila.jpg

H. pulchella
pulchella.jpg

H. heterodoxa x minor
hetxminor.jpg

Helis and Cephs tray
cephandhelis.jpg

Helis and Neps rack
helisandneps.jpg

P. gracilis flower
gracilis.jpg

Aww, that last ping is adorable.

Beautiful plants! You got any Sarrs?

Crissytal,

I'm happy to see you back on TF!

Crackers don't matter!

Welcome back Crysstal!

Long time...was wondering what life event had its hold on you!

Plants look a bit tired, but nothing a bit of attention couldn't fix.
If you ever need a home for a King/Queen (robcantleyi) or Hamm, drop me a line.
Although a new car seems to be on the front burner at the moment...
but then I know how we can get bored with certain plants and need a reason to deal/wheel or trade for something more refreshing. (Especially with slow growers.)

I lost my last Ham some time ago :( and indeed still miss it! (Never had a Hearts/Spades mix,
but indeed yours seems to be doing very nicely.) I suppose a car is more important so I have had to wait till I got that over!

But indeed, all your plants are hanging in there, and I am glad to see you didin't give up the hobby. (However I can really understand backing away from the net-life!)

Above all, glad to see you back!
I looked on your site, but saw you were MIA.
I do hope that whatever life has demanded of your attention is better (or was a good thing!) and that things are going well now.
(I seem to recall you were moving or something...?) Oh jeez, I can't remmeber squat! I likely have you confused with someone else!

Okay, bottom line... welcome back & glad to see you around again!

Paul

crissytal, bummer about the graomo she was beautiful and looked really hardy, wonder what went wrong down the road :( Hopefully something will pop up for ya though

Thanks guys! I'm honestly surprised my plants don't look much worse. I've neglected them quite a bit over the past year.

Thanks Eric. Yes I have a few bog gardens outside with Sarrs, flytraps, and temperate Drosera. Everything is dormant though; nothing too exciting to take pictures of right now.

Thanks gill! It's good to be back. I had a nice, much needed break.

Sorry to hear about your hamata Paul. I took my site down for awhile until I decided what I wanted to do. I'm in the process of redoing some of it. I hope to have it back up soon.

Nep thanks. Unfortunately it's a part of life. It was hardy there for a long time. I'm thinking something must have attacked it below the media as quick as it went. A very generous member has contacted me. I think we've gotten something worked out for a graomo as soon as the weather warms up a bit. How is yours doing?

mine has gone downhill, i have a single root and the 3 nodes it put out died but the root seems like its still alive so im not sure whats going on at this point, i also think that it wasnt a graomo like i thought it was and ended up being something else :(

The last one i got from you had bounced back then i got my pots infested with "spring tails" that decided to eat the newly forming offsprings from the roots, those same spring tails ate my goji berry plant seedlings :(

I got around to taking some pictures of some Nepenthes today.

N. spectabilis x ventricosa
ventxspec.jpg

N. thorelii x aristolochioides
thoreiixaristo.jpg

N. 'Red Dragon'
reddragon-1.jpg

N. hamata
hamata-1.jpg

N. x [clipeata x (clipeata x eymae)]
cliphybrid.jpg

Seed grown Neps, repotted these today:
This is either N. ventricosa hot lips x ventricosa yellow or N. splendiana x mixta. I'm leaning towards N. vent. It looks odd, but I guess that's what seed grown gets you, variation.
venthotlipsxyellow2.jpg

venthotlipsxyellow.jpg

N. x [x splendiana x ((veitchii x maxima) x vetchii)] multiple variations:
veitchiihybrid4.jpg

veitchiihybrid3.jpg

veitchiihybrid2.jpg

veitchiihybrid1.jpg

N. albo
albo.jpg

D. cuneifolia
IMG_2682.jpg

P. gypsicola coming out of dormancy: