Thread: Richjam's Plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few more pics:

N. khasiana

Different angle

N. ventricosa. I like the lighting I was able to get on this pic. More in the yellow/ redish ranges. I covered the flash with semi-transparent plasic because the flash was too bright, and this is what came out

And a group shot

New basal shoot on N. spectabilis*aristolochioides

N. sanguinea: so hungry it's drooling
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

My Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...29#post1089429

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent growing there!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good! I like the maxima upper and the hungry sanguinea.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lovin the pics, keep em coming!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your maxima grew incredibly fast!!! It's good to see an update from you. If the danios breed the Utric will keep the fry in check, possibly. They may be too big for the traps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've read of some Utrics as groundcover, but never thought of floating ones to put in an(my) aquarium. What's the hardness in ppm of your aquarium water?
    Nice ceph, especially the pronounced M's on their lids. First time I see a N. khasiana, and I find their pitcher rather elegant. Definitely your plants and fish are well taken care of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the compliments

Quote Originally Posted by Wire Man View Post
    Your maxima grew incredibly fast!!! It's good to see an update from you. If the danios breed the Utric will keep the fry in check, possibly. They may be too big for the traps.
    I was really surprized that soon after getting the maxima it started bolting and producing uppers. Deffinately a pleasant surprise U. gibba traps are pretty small, so I don't foresee them eating the fish fry. Then again, I don't know how big the fry are. They would have to be really small to be eaten.

---------- Post added at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by oen13 View Post
    I've read of some Utrics as groundcover, but never thought of floating ones to put in an(my) aquarium. What's the hardness in ppm of your aquarium water?
    Nice ceph, especially the pronounced M's on their lids. First time I see a N. khasiana, and I find their pitcher rather elegant. Definitely your plants and fish are well taken care of.
    Well, my aquarium is recent enough that I'll still need to see how the U. gibba does. We'll see. I put the aquarium together at the end of December/begining of January. I've actually used Reverse osmosis water from my filter for the aquarium and then added the recomended dosage of aquarium salt (1 tablespoon/5 gallons) for the sake of the fish. I don't know that this is the best, or necessary (using R.O. filtered water). Still trying to get a feel for the best aquarium upkeep. I just didn't want to deal with all the anti-chlorine agents, etc I would need to use (?) with tap water.

The gibba has had a bit of trouble with fish nibbling at the growing tips and some algae growth on it. I'm pretty sure I need to change out the water a bit more frequently to help avaiod that. I don't know the ppm, but I can test that and get back to you.
    Any thoughts/suggestions to a new aquarium keeper?

I got the idea for putting gibba in there because a few years ago at a pet shop I saw some gibba in their fish tanks as a tag along plant with the typical aquatic plants.
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few more pics. sorry the quality isn't the best, but it gives you a view of a bit more of my collection. I need to get a new camera ...

Endless baby D. multifida extreema from root cuttings

Forest of the same

Deformed N. spectabilis pitcher. It's all in good form except fot the lid. New plant, still acclimating

A few of my Sarr. seedlings, D. capensis, etc

N ventricosa 'red' young plant

small P. primuliflora in sphagnum

Dormant VFT's still sporting some good traps. The big trap to the right is just over and inch and a quarter. Grown outside in Utah all summer long.

N. ramispina starting to put out some bigger leaves. Now, when will it put out bigger pitchers?..

One of several of my D. Capensis broad leaf. The leaf to the right is feasting on some dry milk powder
    which I wet to a paste and then put on the leaf. They seem to like it. Poor plants aren't getting many insects, especially in winter. Gotta help them out where I can!

N. ventricosa black peristome (female) cross N. ventricosa typical (male) seedlings.

Drosophyllum seedling anout 4 inches tall now

Young N. ventricosas
    Last edited by richjam1986; 02-25-2012 at 11:57 PM.
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast