Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Richjam's Plants

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! Great looking plants.. The binata are cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The spectabilis is going to be exciting! Such a nice contrast between the body coloration and flecks. It looks like N. ramispina will start making more mature pitchers right about now. I can see the spur becoming more pronounced. It looks more mature then my N. burkei, by a lot. I want that thing to make adult pitchers ASAP!

I still laugh every time I think about the dried milk.

If the danios don't work with acidic water I have a whole list of things that will. Both of my nano tanks have a pH close to 5. Of course, as soon as I put some Utrics in the 3 gallon tank the filter pump stops working.....
    I think you'd like wild form Bettas. they look and behave completely differently from the typical pet shop betta; much shorter fins, less aggressive (you can keep a pair or breeding group together without recreating the Texas Chainsaw Massacre), and their behavior is really interesting. The Coccina complex is the most interesting, I think. I have no clue how hard they would be to find in Utah, but they're really rare over here. Small gouramis would work well, too. I have a licorice gourami that prefers a pH of 4...... crazy little thing. The zebra danios should be fine in a pH of 6.0, they're hardy little things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wire Man View Post

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Hey, it works!

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wire Man View Post
    The spectabilis is going to be exciting! Such a nice contrast between the body coloration and flecks. It looks like N. ramispina will start making more mature pitchers right about now. I can see the spur becoming more pronounced. It looks more mature then my N. burkei, by a lot. I want that thing to make adult pitchers ASAP!

If the danios don't work with acidic water I have a whole list of things that will. Both of my nano tanks have a pH close to 5. Of course, as soon as I put some Utrics in the 3 gallon tank the filter pump stops working.....
    I think you'd like wild form Bettas. they look and behave completely differently from the typical pet shop betta; much shorter fins, less aggressive (you can keep a pair or breeding group together without recreating the Texas Chainsaw Massacre), and their behavior is really interesting. The Coccina complex is the most interesting, I think. I have no clue how hard they would be to find in Utah, but they're really rare over here. Small gouramis would work well, too. I have a licorice gourami that prefers a pH of 4...... crazy little thing. The zebra danios should be fine in a pH of 6.0, they're hardy little things.
    Yeah, I'm excited about the spectabilis. Good luck with the burkei!
    I'm thinking of getting a couple dwarf gourami's, and that will be it for my aquarium for now, but I'll deffinately keep that in mind for future fish. Besides the danios, I also have a male swordtail that my sister gave me and a few "ghost shrimp" which are doing well.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Now to study for a test I have this afternoon
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

My Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...29#post1089429

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some more pics:

D. adelea

D. peltata seedling just starting to make a stem

Sarracenia seedlings

D. scorpioides

Sarracenia oreophylla (back) and Darlingtonia (front) seedlings

N. ventricosa with red interior. I love it!

N. Spectabilis*aristolochioides

N. glabrata puting on some bigger leaves. Really healthy, but unfortunately still in the process of recovering nice pitchers after drying out in a family member's care last summer

N. truncata 'pasian'

U. livida

N. albomarginata 'kuchung spotted'

N. spectabilis with some really nice pitchers!

Sensative plant Mimosa pudica (leaves fold up at night time, when this picture was taken). BTW, I've found they can be propageted through stem cuttings...

D. rotundifolia just breaking dormancy in my growing shelf

Pinguicula primulaflora

My biggest N. sanguinea pitcher yet

Drosera platystigma struggling (a pygmae sundew) Anyone have a clue why? Too shallow a pot?
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything looks great.
    What're you growing the adelae in? Media wise..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    The D. Adelae are in a 50:50, or 60:40 peat: perlite mix. Something to that effect. I rarely measure it out exacly.
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really enjoyed these. Nice to see N. distillitoria. Now I know what mine will look like as I got a young one with no pitchers. And love the sanguinea. I still don't have one. All the lowlanders are great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    really nice collection,i too love that ventricosa and your dews look great

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast