What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's about time bluemax posted some photos!

Wow looking great! I'm jealous.. all I have is a 20gal lol.. What's that stacking dew that I see in there? Slackii?

the tank looks great max glad you put it to good use

Brie - Yes, the stacking slackii. There's one clone of it out there that I know of. I wonder if it's done the same. Thanks.

Mickey - It is certainly a big improvement. 'Glad we made the deal. Thanks.

I'm seriously impressed.... :0o:

Looking good! :-D

Thagirion, Exo, Dexenthes - thank you for your words of encouragement. ;) It certainly makes it all easier.

Looking awesome! Love the PVC pipe idea. Thanks for sharing how to deal the bottom too. I was about to ask. Love the look!

JB - thank you for your comments. 'Hope you enjoyed it. :)

Barrel Bog Garden

Because of much encouragement from DJ I have finally set up a small bog garden. The container is one of the molded plastic "barrel halves" that go for around $20, mine bought at Home Depot. With about 1.5 cubic feet of peat mixed with sand and some perlite it was ready to go.

From the top (22" across):
mini-P6113587.jpg

The whole thing from the side:
mini-P6113589.jpg

mini-P6113589c.jpg

This is an exciting new direction for me. I'm hoping this one corner of my shady backyard will have enough light to keep everything healthy. More pics to follow.

I missed the 2nd update on page 2. Is that a big ol' D. hilaris I see in that tank?
I also noticed you're growing South American dews in with the petiolaris dews. How long have the two been happily growing side by side? That's amazing to me.. :hail:

That looks awesome! Careful though, those barrels have a way of multiplying...

Mass - The tall tree-looking thing is D. slackii. 'Gets crazier-looking all the time but is obviously happy. Keeping the petiolaris 'dews going in the cool-at-night terrarium was a tough balance and I had all but the paradoxa go dormant in the end. Happily they are all now in their own 'hot tank' and thriving.

DJ - I guess it is good that you've warned me. Do you suppose I could buy the barrels in case-lots? :)

Very nice, Mark! Not sure how I missed this entire thread until now, but at least I can finally see your grow area.

That's a slackii!?!?! Can I see a glamor shot of it?

I demand new sundew pics!! :-D

That Slakii sure is odd the way it is growing tall like that, very cool

That Slakii sure is odd the way it is growing tall like that, very cool

Thanks, orlenz. I will post some more pics of it soon. Very cool avatar pic you've got there. D. ordensis?

A Few More

P6133629c.jpg

The Flytrap Corner. The upright plant is an acclimated 'Dente' while all the others have been terrarium-grown and recently divided.

P6133614.jpg

A grouping of D. filiformis 'Florida Giant'

mini-P6113608.jpg

mini-P6113608c.jpg

Plantlets formed on leaf cuttings of Drosera graomogolensis.

I like the large clump of filiformis! I am hoping to have a cape forest soon!

I like the large clump of filiformis! I am hoping to have a cape forest soon!

Thanks, Heather! I'll be looking for the pics when you do it.

Back