What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where to buy LFS in bulk?

I am looking for a place to purchase LFS in bulk. I've bought the Mosser Lee brand and am not happy with it at all. Not many places here sell sphagnum, I do have a local store here that sells sphagnum in bulk but the quality of theirs to me is less than the Mosser Lee stuff. Just looking for a place to buy good quality sphagnum moss in bulk.

Thanks

Meadowview. It's sustainably harvested and collected the same day it's shipped out.

Do they sell dried or only Live?

On the same note, if you want dried LFS instead of live LFS, Meadowview uses huge bags of high quality LFS for their Nepenthes substrate. It's isn't sold by Meadowview, but maybe you could email and ask where Phil gets the stuff... ?
Despite all the complaints, I use Mosser Lee simply because it's the easiest for me to get, and it's cheap. I agree it isn't the best quality, has grass in it, etc, but for the most part I think the plants couldn't care less what other plant debris are in it, and my plants grow fine. I don't try to seperate out the twigs or grass. However, supposedly Mosser Lee moss might not be sustainably collected. So I'm thinking of switching brands too. Plus, higher quality is always nice :)

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

They only sell live.

Lowes carries the Better Grow brand. Nice and yellow. Its $5 for a lil under 1 1/2 liters though.

Meadowview does not ship LFS to AZ, CA, ID, NV, OR, UT or WA due to restrictions in those states :crap: I live in Oregon

Last edited:
Thanks you all. I have several places to check out now!

dang that would of been awesome! too bad they dont deliver here. :( Guess i'll have to stick to the Luster Leaf stuff.

Calwest is where I get mine from. The NZS they sell is the best and CPs really respond to it in their media. I buy the large bales and won't go back to using any other kind of sphagnum.

Meadowview does not ship LFS to AZ, CA, ID, NV, OR, UT or WA due to restrictions in those states :crap: I live in Oregon

that is such a shame. I was getting giddy over buying a batch.

You could always have it shipped to a relative that would ship it to you... But that would be unethical! :nono:

I really want some of the red sphagnum! I'm like dying inside... :-(

You could always have it shipped to a relative that would ship it to you... But that would be unethical! :nono:

I really want some of the red sphagnum! I'm like dying inside... :-(

Shssssss!

I am looking for a place to purchase LFS in bulk. I've bought the Mosser Lee brand and am not happy with it at all. Not many places here sell sphagnum, I do have a local store here that sells sphagnum in bulk but the quality of theirs to me is less than the Mosser Lee stuff. Just looking for a place to buy good quality sphagnum moss in bulk.

Thanks

Mosser Lee is a prime example of, "you get what you pay for". Our Lowes sells the good LFS as Orchid Moss.

Once I culture a large amount I could ship it to the states we normally can't. I quarantine mine in a terrarium and remove undesirable plants and animals. I won't be able to ship bulk, though, just plugs.

Back