Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Irate homeowner shoots plant thief

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is obscene that the shooter is within his rights to kill over a plant. I would understand if the person was in his house trying to steal something. That could fall into the realm of self defense/ home invasion etc.. but this dude was still being shot at while being off of the guys prop and in his vehicle. While I don't condone the thiefs action it was no where near a capital crime.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Property is property being a plant or not. Heck yes I believe it wad a good judgement. Criminals get too many "rights" as it is. What about the home owners rights? The criminal system has become too lax in the past years. Why so you think someone would have the where with all to walk onto someone's property and take what they want. If more people shot thieves like this there would be less crime. And I believe you have the right to protect your property. You may think it is not worth a life for a plant, I say make the price even higher for taking said plant so no one wants to "pay" for it. That is the whole purpose of punishment. It SHOULD be a higher price to pay than what it's worth. That is how it's supposed to be. Slaps on the wrist don't work in deliberate acts.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You steala the plant...I shoota ya face..

Previously known as: NY Plant Nerd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just because you have a right does not mean you should use it.

Poor decision in both cases. I would usually make a joke since no one died,was extremely injured, or traumatized, but I'm not feeling it.
    Formerly known as WaterKirby.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wild West, Texas laws aside, this is another example of a trigger-happy handgun owner pushing the scope of the law to its limits. Not sure if any of you mentioned this, but there was a woman practically caught in the crossfire during the shooting. Do any of you think an innocent bystanders life is worth the right to make a grandiose statement about property rights? I doubt you will find that theft in Texas is lower than states without the same law. It just seems insane to me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah let's just take all the guns and live happily ever after.

Only problem is there will always be a black market and if someone wants a gun they will have one. So that argument is no good either. I already feel defenseless. Bad guys don't play by the rules.
    JB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow i wonder if he even decided to try and scare him off first before trying to shoot the the guyor even yell at him to get off his property. I agree people should have the right to protect their property and them selves with the use of a fire arm as a last resort. But I do have to agree with others that shooting a guy over a plant is a bit over the top even if he was in his rights to do so. As for stealing other things thats when one could say lets discharge a round into the ground and make him run away like a little girl. Although i do give it to the home owner for protecting him property and his stuff weather it was plants or not, big or small

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell yes if I had to I would push the law to the limits. I sure wouldn't let him run away. He would be detained for Leo to arrive, but if need be a bullet could be in order. I'm **** of criminals and deadbeats getting the upper hand in the laws and everything. I'm tired of laying for them to be locked up I'm tired of paying for them outside. I'm tired of waiting on them hand and foot when they are here already getting free healthcare and they thing they are at the Ritz Carlton or other high dollar hotel.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

I'm tired of seeing a min wage earner have more disposable income than someone making $60k a year because my tax dollars are paying for their steak and crablegs and their brand new chargers with 2-3k rims. I'm tired so seeing people work the system. Claim to not afford meds yet still smoke 2packs a day. Then folks stealing because they want it. I'm sick of it.
    JB

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast