Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Full Spectrum CFL lighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Full Spectrum CFL lighting

I was wondering if anyone here has tried or currently uses this style of lighing for their CP's?

http://www.growerssupply.com/farm/su...;pg105070.html

I am looking for options to increase the amount of light reaching my CPs but I think that this is about as high output as I can go without over heating my growing area.

or...

is there another option that would allow for a higher lumen output for my plants and still keep a compact fixture. I am very interested in hearing what everyone has to say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your better off with t5's there cheaper and easier to replace the bulbs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Mickey on choosing T5HOs over those. T5s are cheaper, cover a larger area and most importantly for me they're are cooler in temp than those large CFLs. I have at least one Hydrofarm unit and one of those of those hanging reflector type ones and they both run so warm I don't like to use them. Heats up the room and the tank under them.

If you are looking for a cheap entry to T5HOs check this vendor out, unlike other suppliers these are plug and play, no assembly or wiring necessary and prices include the tubes of your choice: http://htgsupply.com/Category-Fluore...row-Lights.asp

I've bought 6 four foot, two tube fixtures and a box of replacement bulbs from them over the past year or two and no problems yet!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used liquid cooled halides with great results.. but that's it for lighting other than T5HO's.