Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Term Papers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mato77429 View Post
    I'm confused, Kirby. You say you were determined not to procrastinate but you still didn't finish it on time?
    Yep.
    Formerly known as WaterKirby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i recently had a similar experience. started writing a paper, got three pages in and my computer shut down, apparently it was on battery because the power cord died, paper not saved. ordered a new cord, took a week, rewrote the original paper and told it to save. screen flashed twice and shut down, paper saved, restarted computer, told it to print doc no go, windows uninstalled works suite and files were deleted. drove to my parents (one hour away) to get my discs for installing, my brother had them, so drove another 2 1/2 hours there and back. reinstalled and rewrote the paper, started a second one. screen flashed and then went blue, got a message saying all files were being dumped, my hard drive crashed. went and bought a new laptop and printer, printer wouldn't recognize the laptop. all in all i wrote that one paper five times.

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a terrible day on Wednesday, but my nep seeds ended up coming later that day as well. Things turn around unexpectedly. The one test I remember taking was one where I thought I had completely failed. When I got it back, I had gotten 63/65. I looked at the "smart" kid's test, and he got 62/65. I felt very accomplished and I still remember it very clearly. You'll always remember the good things that happen spontainiously rather than that one term paper you worked so hard on, but you never got it turned in on time.

It would be rather awkward, but if you feel like the teacher would change her mind, email her the link to this conversation and beg her to not dock you on the points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you imagine 'explaining' this to your boss? LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12