Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: DJ57's plant thread

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful plants, I see your jonesii is doing a lot better than mine (it shrunk to seedling size for unknown reasons). Do you know what species of garter snake it is?
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hcarlton View Post
    Beautiful plants, I see your jonesii is doing a lot better than mine (it shrunk to seedling size for unknown reasons). Do you know what species of garter snake it is?
    My jonesii almost doubled in size from when I got it last year. I don't know what kind of garder snake that orange stripe one is, only see this type that varies in color from black with no stripe to shades of brown/black with yellow stripe. They are all over the yard right now, just becoming active after winter I guess.

[IMG][/IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    beautiful round of pictures!! lovin the filiformis crowd glistening in the sun.

n the snake looks friendly we dont get many in our yard but i love snakes

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you.

Have to sneak up on the snakes to get close-ups, haha, but easier to get closer at this time of year because I think they have other things on their mind being spring and all. Sometimes I can be sitting out there and they will crawl over my feet following each other around. I think all the baby tree frogs from the ponds attract them to my yard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your plants are looking great.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ57
    My jonesii almost doubled in size from when I got it last year.
    Hard to believe that such a weed is endangered isn't it? I have a flat of seedlings and they have outpaced every other species by several pitchers.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Your plants are looking great.

Hard to believe that such a weed is endangered isn't it? I have a flat of seedlings and they have outpaced every other species by several pitchers.

Lol, I was thinking the same thing about why they are endangered as they grow so fast. I even moved mine and divided a piece off earlier this year and it still is growing like gangbusters and put up many flower stalks. Glad I moved it where it will have room to spread. It is a shame can't ship them out of state without some kind of permit as would make a great giveaway when they get out of hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy crap, that's a lot of filiformis!

Beautiful Sarracenia and snakes you have there, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ57 View Post
    Lol, I was thinking the same thing about why they are endangered as they grow so fast. I even moved mine and divided a piece off earlier this year and it still is growing like gangbusters and put up many flower stalks. Glad I moved it where it will have room to spread. It is a shame can't ship them out of state without some kind of permit as would make a great giveaway when they get out of hand.
    As long as it is a giveaway you can ship them out of state, just can't trade or sell them across state lines.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast