What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awesome stuff! I love seeing truly outdoor plants do so well.

What kind of N. clipeata hybrid is that? :scratch:

Awesome stuff! I love seeing truly outdoor plants do so well.

What kind of N. clipeata hybrid is that? :scratch:

Thank you. That is N. clipeata x (clipeata x eymae) :-D

Nice pics. Second person I've seen growing a tropical sundew outside.

Some pics of my Drosophyllum flower stalks. It seems now the other plant in this pot is also starting a flower stalk.

IMG_0099.jpg
[/IMG]

The second one
IMG_0098.jpg
[/IMG]

My ceph just after repotting

IMG_0094x1.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0093x1.jpg
[/IMG]

Pretty sweet DJ. Good work.

AWESOME! How old is the droso thats flowering?

Hooray!! See.. told ya the ceph would do just fine. Looks great.
And those dewys. :drool:

Now i know where some of my new plants came from :)

Hooray!! See.. told ya the ceph would do just fine. Looks great.
And those dewys. :drool:

Welll, it was only repotted a day or so ago so the jury is still out whether I killed it or not, LOL. Do they usually die right away if you disturbe them too much, or does it take a while?

Welll, it was only repotted a day or so ago so the jury is still out whether I killed it or not, LOL. Do they usually die right away if you disturbe them too much, or does it take a while?

Is that the one you were talking about repotting back whenever it was? I thought you done did that already. :scratch:
OH.. well then it still looks great. If it looks the same, or better a week from now.. you're golden.

I took leaf pullings a while back, which I am still waiting on, but did not repot until now. I did not disturb the roots, just put the whole thing soil and all into a bigger pot.

Awesome flowering droso.. and dat ceph is huge.. wish mine was that big!

Beautiful droso DJ! and nice ceph too! keep up the good work!

Update

Update on the Droso flower stalk. Now all 3 plants in this pot sending up a flower stalk

IMG_0667.jpg
[/IMG]

Pic of the bog Cape sundew "mountain" that gets taller every year...really got to get those divided.

Capesundewmound.jpg
[/IMG]

Look what I found growing from offshoots under the moss when thinning the moss in the Darlingtonia "fen" in the pond. I put them into a net pot.

Darlingtonia.jpg
[/IMG]

Some filiformis 'Florida Giant' waking up

filiformisFloridaGiantwakingup.jpg
[/IMG]

Thought this was a weed in the bog until it started blooming. Can anybody tell me what this plant is? I don't remember planting it so must be a hitchhiker

IMG_0688.jpg
[/IMG]

Some D. rotundifolia also waking up

rotundifolia.jpg

[/IMG]

Drotundifolia.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Holy moly you have incredible plants!

Sweet buds on the Droso. !

Mine just refuses... blah

Holy moly you have incredible plants!

Thank you! I can't wait until the rest of the bog wakes up and starts putting on a show.

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Sweet buds on the Droso. !

Mine just refuses... blah

Beginners luck I suspect, we will see if I can repeat it on others next year :lol:

Your drosos look so cool as a mass of long, dewy leaves with buds. But what I really love is your flilformis plants. I have gotta get an outdoor bog garden!

Your drosos look so cool as a mass of long, dewy leaves with buds. But what I really love is your flilformis plants. I have gotta get an outdoor bog garden!

I have filiformis on reserve for ya when you are ready, along with some others to help start that bog ;)

Back