What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your plants are looking great.

DJ57 said:
My jonesii almost doubled in size from when I got it last year.

Hard to believe that such a weed is endangered isn't it? I have a flat of seedlings and they have outpaced every other species by several pitchers.

Your plants are looking great.

Hard to believe that such a weed is endangered isn't it? I have a flat of seedlings and they have outpaced every other species by several pitchers.

Lol, I was thinking the same thing about why they are endangered as they grow so fast. I even moved mine and divided a piece off earlier this year and it still is growing like gangbusters and put up many flower stalks. Glad I moved it where it will have room to spread. It is a shame can't ship them out of state without some kind of permit as would make a great giveaway when they get out of hand.

Holy crap, that's a lot of filiformis!

Beautiful Sarracenia and snakes you have there, too.

Lol, I was thinking the same thing about why they are endangered as they grow so fast. I even moved mine and divided a piece off earlier this year and it still is growing like gangbusters and put up many flower stalks. Glad I moved it where it will have room to spread. It is a shame can't ship them out of state without some kind of permit as would make a great giveaway when they get out of hand.

As long as it is a giveaway you can ship them out of state, just can't trade or sell them across state lines.

I'd guess the snakes are probably western terrestrials of some sort, but I've got three very different garter snakes here. i wish the jonesii's would do as well for me as they do you though, as both forms I have are slower than any other!

I like it all, DJ. The snakes are a nice accessory - they can eat the slugs.

Got carried away with the camera again today.

Dew doing its job and eating well
IMG_1681x1.jpg
[/IMG]

Raccoons tore up my 4-leaf clover in a small unprotected pond and ate my trapdoor snails
IMG_1678.jpg
[/IMG]

Spider setting up shop
IMG_1637x1.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1632x1.jpg
[/IMG]

Ants also having a field day in the bog and pitchers eating well
IMG_1627x1.jpg
[/IMG]

Some pings
IMG_1582x1.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1578x1.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1577.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1573.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1571.jpg
[/IMG]

Some VFTs
IMG_1551x1.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1557x1.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1547.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1550.jpg
[/IMG]

Filiformis seedling
IMG_1609x1.jpg
[/IMG]

S. Alatamin
IMG_1515.jpg
[/IMG]

S. leuco alba top
IMG_1500.jpg
[/IMG]

S. purpurea seedlings
Spurpureaseedlings.jpg
[/IMG]

S. leuco seedling
Sleucophyllaseedling.jpg
[/IMG]

Darlingtonia seedlings
Darlingtoniaseedlings.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
So much goodness! :)

The bog queen maintains her kingdom. Looks great, DJ!

Got bored again today.

Working on another dew forest, haha, capes this time

IMG_1751.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1752x1.jpg
[/IMG]

Some VFTs, particularly proud of the first one

IMG_1715x2.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1760x1.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1718x2.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1714x1.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1753x1.jpg
[/IMG]

S. minor x alata

IMG_1730x2.jpg
[/IMG]

I really like the shot of the green vfts with the filiformis in the background.

Darn coons. I'd trap em'.. then take them for a little day trip.

Update pics of the bog on a dreary day

IMG_2024x2.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2023x1.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1973x1.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1952x2.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1987x1.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1988x1.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1980x1.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1976x1.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1946x1.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1983x1.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1982x1.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_2009x1.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1971x2.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2034x1.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1995.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1994x1.jpg
[/IMG]

Wow! Everything is looking great with all the sun we're getting. Your filiformis looks particularly massive. Can't wait to catch up next weekend.

Bog's lookin nice! Really like those purpurea seedlings and that Appalachian Spring. And I'm not sure what that flava copper top-ish sarr is. The coloration resembles the copper top for sure, but the lid shape seems a bit different (slightly more upturned and a bit less circular than most cupreas seem to be, especially in the pitchers towards the bottom right of the plant), at least in my opinion. There might be something else in the ancestry, but I could be wrong about that...

Mato:

Thanx, most everything is really liking this warmer weather except the capes, but they will get over it, haha. Looking forward to next weekend also.

Bog's lookin nice! Really like those purpurea seedlings and that Appalachian Spring. And I'm not sure what that flava copper top-ish sarr is. The coloration resembles the copper top for sure, but the lid shape seems a bit different (slightly more upturned and a bit less circular than most cupreas seem to be, especially in the pitchers towards the bottom right of the plant), at least in my opinion. There might be something else in the ancestry, but I could be wrong about that...

Thank you. That flava was given to me by a friend when it was dormant and they had lost the tag, but thought it was a copper top. It was badly damaged right after I planted it in the bog in the winter of 2010 so never really did anything last year and I almost gave up and tossed it...sooo glad now I did not as it is looking very promising.

'Quite the cp wonderland! Everything looks so healthy and colorful! I'm glad I have someone so successful to ask advice from.

That's what my rubras want to look like when they grow up. They wanted me to tell you..

Impressive bog! Loving al the pinks and purples!

Back