What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Decoration

• Thread starter flasker
  • Start date
I want to put some plants in my office for decoration (green). My office is small cubical and light is bright (8 T5 tubes). I want to grow plants in glass jars. Plants should be small and low maintenance. I choose white sand with or without coir, live sphagnum moss, plenty of distilled water and a carnivorous plant. What plant do you think will be good for that environment ? I only have few Darlingtonia, vft, drosera, and pingucular. I am concern about water and light: what plant will be submerge in water? light is bright but far from my top cabinet. Light is only during weekdays not weekend. I want to cover jars with clear lids or wrapper with many tiny holes. Plants can grow very slow but should look alive and healthy. What plant should I use? I should cover jars by lids or not? Please advice and welcome all comments. Thanks

small_bow_coir-02.jpg

small_bow_coir.jpg

large_bow-03.jpg

large_bow-01.jpg

large_bow-02.jpg

tiny%2520garden.jpg

Drosera adelae would probably do very well in those jars you have there.

SOme terrestrial Utricularia would look brilliant in the jars.

WOW..a perfect thread for me to follow..getting my new office this month, same situation..except I'm planning on adding a plant light on a timer to circumvent the no lights on weekend problem.

You, sir, have given me some ideas...

But how on earth, or where on earth, did you get so many Darlingtonia seedlings from?!

You, sir, have given me some ideas...
But how on earth, or where on earth, did you get so many Darlingtonia seedlings from?!

Dear sir, I get them from a Darlington seed and grow it in TC. They are keep multiply until I have no place to grow sir.:-D

Back