What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just got back from da Orchid Show

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
Hi all. Just got back from a fun filled time that I have been planning for a while. Went to the Maryland Home and Garden Show because it is also home to the Maryland Orchid Show and the Baltimore Bonsai Society Show.
Sooo, with all that going on I first hit the orchid venders to see what little beauties I could find for my wish list. Good news for my wallet was they didn't what I wanted at the price I was willing to pay..but I did get a Dracula lotax and the "bulldog" paph of my dreams.
th_photobucket-5883-1331409157960.jpg

Poor cell phone pic in my grow room after I got home..Paph orchilla (a winston churchill cross).

I then went to the main building and found two P. moctezumas in bloom for a very reasonably price from a MD CP vender.

The next stop was back to my car for the camera and an hour long photo tour of the exhibits, getting inspired. I really need to start showing orchids again. I truely miss.

At the enterance to the exhibit area.
PB20.jpg

Venders were selling neps and staghorns today..but only the CP guy in the other building had others, including adult cobras for $22 each.

I then spent time with the bonsai folk getting reinspired there as well. Bought enough repotting supplies to last at least six months and came home to collapse.

for those who ever cared enough to wonder about my secreen name.
PB8.jpg

And finally, a small sampling of some of the other orchids there today.
http://s1107.photobucket.com/albums/h396/chibae/MDOS_SPRING12/

Those look lovely!! I really love the first pic.

Ohhh..nice! :-o

YAaaaayyyy Phal species!!!

Back