Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: A couple pictures

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks just like my HCW, gets more white as the pitcher matures.

That kitten is sure growing, sooo cute. Your orchids are gorgeous!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, we'll know when the flowers pop out: red = HWC, yellow/white = antho free. great looking plants Katie! nice to see everything doing well for ya!
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful pics, as usual... Love the Birthday Surprise, it's got such nice veining on the top of the lid.

Quote Originally Posted by Wire Man View Post
    That doesn't look like Hurricane Creek White, just anthocyanin free. HCW is a var. alba.
    Looks like a HCW to me.. Just doesn't have it's fall pitchers out yet. My HCW, and many other clones in different collections, look just like that most of the season and are accurately labelled as one clone or another of HCW. I've seen pictures of certified HCW plants with much deeper green venation than this specimen.. There are also many factors that play a role in the white-ness, or amount of anthocyanin produced in HCWs. They can have been recently divided, or from different environments. Divisions of many pure-white plants can appear very green, due to stress and other influences. Granted, the definition states that a HCW has to show a pure white pigmentation, but it's hard to define that when two divisions of identical genetics can exhibit significantly different pigmentation, with one qualifying as a "true" HCW and one not. I'd bet pretty good money that this specimen is an HCW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwest View Post
    Beautiful pics, as usual... Love the Birthday Surprise, it's got such nice veining on the top of the lid.

Looks like a HCW to me.. Just doesn't have it's fall pitchers out yet. My HCW, and many other clones in different collections, look just like that most of the season and are accurately labelled as one clone or another of HCW. I've seen pictures of certified HCW plants with much deeper green venation than this specimen.. There are also many factors that play a role in the white-ness, or amount of anthocyanin produced in HCWs. They can have been recently divided, or from different environments. Divisions of many pure-white plants can appear very green, due to stress and other influences. Granted, the definition states that a HCW has to show a pure white pigmentation, but it's hard to define that when two divisions of identical genetics can exhibit significantly different pigmentation, with one qualifying as a "true" HCW and one not. I'd bet pretty good money that this specimen is an HCW.
    +1

I got this guy from a reputable source. The plant is young, and is just starting to make it's pretty spectacular pitchers. I'll wait a few more weeks, and then take more pictures. For now, look closely at the last HCW picture, it is a different pitcher, and it's starting to show the "vanishing veins" and all white lip I've seen on other HCWs.

Wireman, that's a... it's a.... I forget. Oh. C. fimbriatus. This is the female.
    If you shake a rain stick, you get rain. I need a hamata stick.
    My WWWs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice collection you have...like em all

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chilobrachy fimbriatus (Indian Violet)
    And a happy looking one at that.

Love the miranda. So underrated.. I miss mine.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of the nice plants in that last set of photos I've gotta go with the N. miranda, too. 'Pretty darn spectacular.
    - Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like N. miranda, too. It's big, it's showy, and it's pretty easy.

If you haven't seen it, look for a somewhat old thread from this spring (ish) titled "Miranda going risqué". It's a fun oops pitcher.
    If you shake a rain stick, you get rain. I need a hamata stick.
    My WWWs

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast