Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: A couple pictures

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okeydokey. Head's up, here's a flood. I had a little fun today.
    If you shake a rain stick, you get rain. I need a hamata stick.
    My WWWs

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice photos! Love the giant nep vine with the hat on it lol.

PS: Check the chat box!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picture flood!

Here they are. Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots.........

One of my favorite flowers, bearded iris.

This one's named "Katie Girl". I had to have it.

And a pretty Phaelenopsis hybrid. Not bad for a shot in a moving vehicle:

A pretty mystery hybrid, a grocery store markdown "rescue":

Update on the pond & fountain. I placed some Utric. sprigs in various places, to see if they would take. The fountain got totally overgrown with algae and diatoms (the brown snot), and I had given up hope. Now, all of a sudden, the Utrics took hold with enthusiasm, and are growing quite well. I think the majority of the surviving colonies are U. graminifolia, but I'll only really know when it blooms. I put U. gramini. on this side, U. bisquemata on the left, and U. dichotoma on the rock under the waterfall.

ETA: I'll be danged. Look at the base of the stick in the middle of the picture, standing straight up (that looks like a cherry stem), and tell me if that's not a sundew. I never noticed it until now!

Ahhh... gardenia. Another favorite, but not just for how it looks! The greenhouse smells sooo nice right now!

I forgot the name of this species orchid. It smells very strongly of coconut pie. Yum!

Sarracenia "Dixi Lace"

To be continued!
    My WWWs

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lovely pictures Those bearded iris are to die for! Love that water feature. I bet you could throw some sundew seeds on the waterfall and get them to grow. I had some capes come up in the duckweed in the pond once.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part two....

Another one of the "Dixi Lace":

Thin ice, pal....

A gorgeous Darlingtonia I'm babysitting for Natalie. You'll have to ask about the interesting setup she has, involving a solar powered water pump, a spare water tank, a siphon, and keeping the plant submerged during the day. It loves it!

More growth on the fountain Utrics. Looks like the little sundew is gone. Oh, well.

A couple pretty shots I grabbed while out on a drive:

Here's the Drosera peltata in the bog. The avocado tree is dropping all it's unfertilized flowers, and it's snowing with them. The funny thing is, all the sundews seem to like the flowers. Must be enough protein in them to be worth digesting.

Here's a spider and a flower. Looks like just the spider is getting eaten here.

Some pretty hybrid:

S. "popei" in red:

This was given to me as a plant yet to be officially named. The desired name is "Dinnerplate Dan" for the extra large lids. This guy here has been recovering from illness (brown thumb) for a while. Hopefully it shows it's characteristic large lids soon.

I forgot the exact mix, it's on the tag outside. Something from Damon, involving Leuc, purp "red Ruffles" and.... Hey, I think that's just it. I'll look later, if I remember.

This is a hybrid I crossed myself, a few years ago. It's starting to really color up! If only I can remember what it was. Obviously a purp cross. It could be purp. x (leuc. x purp.) I remember having a really pretty purp. back then that flowered, then died later during a plant-sitting accident.

Ahhh, a new "discovery" for me. Water net! I read about it, and never realized it's all OVER the place. It's an algae, and can get to be a pest. I have it in a contained experimental "pondarium". Each side of the polygon is supposedly a single multinucleated cell. That's a BIG cell!

Bonus! I never saw this piece when I brought home my samples. It must have been hiding in the hair-like filamentous algae (which sank to the bottom of the 3' tank. Bummer). It's, you guessed it, giant water net. Wow, LOOT!

A cookie jar full of Utricularia humboldtii, Aldrovanda, and a couple sprigs of U. gibba. And a couple random plants, to help keep things balanced. Not a bit of algae, so far.

More coming....
    My WWWs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part three....

Like the Energizer bunny.

Hey, well, at least one of ya told me I don't post enough pictures. You asked for it!

A pretty Psychopsis orchid of some sort. I got it at OSH for WAY less than I should have paid for it. It wasn't even the flowers that I fell in love with, it was the spotted leaves.

Here's a Drosera capensis that's being goofy. I suppose it's getting ready to divide, and went crestate for a little while. Let's hope it forgets to finish the job, LOL!

I have no excuse.

Utricularis longifolia, naturalizing well outside. Another great idea from my friends in NorCal.

Another forgotten hybrid. Oreophyla crossed with a fancy flava, I think.

S. flava with a wavy ala:

Here's a goofball. It's a leaf that couldn't decide whether to become a pitcher or a phyllodia. It chose-- both. Only the last 1/4" is inflated.

S. leucophylla 'Hurricane Creek White' spring pitcher:

Another goofball:

Bug pipes with bug poop:

S. alata black tube x flava red tube:

A really lovely Calceolaria cultivar. Again, I left the name on it's tag out back. The picture really IS in focus. The flowers are velvety.

Mud dauber wasp. Almost friendly in temperment, and good for the garden.

Lastly but not leastly, _______ insert name here. They are not Daphnia. Kula once told me, but... Yeah, I forgot again. These are in the "pondarium".

Last edited by Lil Stinkpot; 05-19-2012 at 11:53 PM. Reason: speeeling
    My WWWs

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Psychopsis mendenhall?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pics I really like the phyllodia-pitcher thing, that's hilarious! Everything's looking really good. And it's spelled oreophila just fyi.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast