What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A couple pictures

I'm a fan of the N. veitchii robcantleyi! (your avatar)

Thanks so much, guys!

I did some monkeying around in the bog today. I removed a couple plants that I stuck in temporarily, and I moved a huge clump of (readii?? some purp. hybrid) over to the "island", freeing up some space and improving the overall "zen" of the place. Into the empty spot I moved a couple "dentate" flytraps, and plane to put more flytraps there, when I get some. I'm a little low on VFTs. ;)

Last edited:
I think his avatar is a robcantleyi..

It is. He's got pics in a thread about it.

Oops.

Well, I still dig it. :D

you were caught off guard by the flash that is robcantleyi..
happens to the best of us.

One of my favorite comic book characters.

:boogie: thank ya thank ya!

Finally got a chance to fully look through this thread and what an amazing collection you have. Love the waterfalls and the greenhouse.

OH WOW! :hail: Lil, I just saw this thread per recommedation and I am in awe of your garden! Very nice work young lady! I bet a stressfull day easily melts away after a few minutes of quiet observation. I'll have to try and get a little Utric insight from you when you have time. I am dying to try some sort of fountain, (prolly much smaller than yours for portability), next year. Thanks for sharing-very inspirational. :-D

Gosh. How can I possibly reply to that?!? :awesome:

I'm glad you liked it. :D Yes, stress does melt right away in there. Sometimes I drag in a chair behind me, lock the door, sit down, and knit.

Uppa-uppa-uppa-dates! I have a couple orchids to show off. I got a couple orchids today, an orange Masdavalia (I'm too lazy to go find the tag), and a gorgeous Blc. 'Bow Bryce' (Blc. 'Bryce Canyon' x C. bowringiana). The camera has a very hard time with that shade of purple. It's really a screaming bright magenta-purple. It smells great!

024-5.jpg

025-3.jpg

019-3.jpg

016-5.jpg

I really like Juncus effusius spiralis. I already have one, but this one really jumped out and cried "buy meeee!" I had to oblige.

014-7.jpg

whoa. that spiral thing is craziness..

I have a spare, if you want one. They're easy to grow.

I appreciate the offer love, but I have to pass.
For some unknown reason I lack the care it takes to properly grow non-carnivorous plants. If it doesn't eat bugs, I forget about it.
Not fair to the plant..
After the succulent fiasco of 2011, I'll never put another non-carnivorous plant through my torturous care again.

LOL! I know the feeling. The plant has to be really interesting to me, otherwise it tends to get neglected.

I got some new orchids in the mail today. Two are outside, and it's too darn cold and wet to go out to the GH for pictures. Besides, they have to bloom to be interesting. The third one is different. It's interesting NOW.

Vanilla planifolia varigated. Nice stripes!

057-2.jpg

056.jpg

very nice wish i had the room to grow vanilla it will run every where, right??

Yep, it's a viner. I'm hoping that when it gets bigger it'll be more tolerant of changes, and will be OK in the intermediate GH.

Don't think I've seen a veriagated orchid before.You're right, it's beautiful as is!
Everything looks great!

Back