Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some pics from the Philly zoo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D'aw eyelash viper making friends with his dartfrog buddies. Why must my fiance insist on not having "dangerous" animals in the house... mind you the vicious killer cat gets a pass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all! I really liked that pic of the eyelash viper with the froggies, pretty cool. I think these are my best herp photos yet!

Devon, I was pretty careful with the angles I chose, some animals were too hard to take photos of just because I could not get a good angle. I also had some where you could see reflections in the corner but I cropped those out.

I have to post some pics from the philly flower show so I might put up some more pics in this thread.
    <Av8tor1> as big as peat is, the bear runs not him

Big Boss, Founder, and Major Cheese of the Canadian Association for the Cultivation of Carnivorous Plants... Ask if you want to join, I'm the only member...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome pics! Not sure what the first un-ID'd rattlesnake is, but the second pic(with two in it) are crotalus molossus, Blacktail Rattlesnake.. Then Chinese Crocodile Lizard, and Madagascar Tree Boa.. I LOVE the pic of the eyelash with two dart frogs.. lol. dont think i've ever seen a display with both things cohabitating before..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edited! Thanks!

I was really happy with the eyelash vipers, whenever I am at a zoo they tend to be facing away from me. Loved getting head shots of them for once.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

I just edited the last few, this is it.

Eyelash viper again, worse photo:

King cobra:

Hosmer's skink. Apparently these are the only ones on display in North America:

Blacktail again:

Alligator snapping turtle:

Some kind of caiman, I do believe that it is a dwarf species:

Pigmy marmoset:

Thanks for looking!

Big Boss, Founder, and Major Cheese of the Canadian Association for the Cultivation of Carnivorous Plants... Ask if you want to join, I'm the only member...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a cuvier's dwarf caiman, tiny little guys at 5 feet long. Excellent photos of some very interesting animals. I don't think I've ever seen eyelash vipers and dart frogs displayed in the same enclosure before. Both are gorgeous, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12