Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: another "I hate USPS" thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another "I hate USPS" thread

What was it this time?
    How about me tracking my 8 new cephs across the country. Then as soon as they hit Michigan.. the package up and vanishes. My cephs, one of which was an adult Czech Giant, have been missing in Michigan for one week.
    I've called every post office and sort facility in Mid-Michigan. Apparently I'm just S.O.L. and everyone working for the USPS is clueless when it comes to the world around them.

I LOATHE THE VERY THOUGHT OF YOU USPS.

If you're bored, here's my tracking number: 03102640000095521305

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow.. 8 cephs? Let me know if they arrive alive (if they arrive at all), so I can praise Zeus.

I actually sent a check to one of the members here over a week ago, and he still has not received it. Apparently they're experiencing something of a lull at the moment.. not sure why, though.

Edit:

Nevermind.. he just received the check.
    Last edited by mato; 03-20-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man that really sucks! I hope they eventually show up!
    Good Growing!
    -Mike Fallen

My Growlist/wishlist: http://highlandtropicals.blogspot.co...-growlist.html

does this rag smell like chloroform to you? boxofrain's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't even get me started Mass!!!
    "the memories of a man in his old age, are the deeds of a man in his prime"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wait until all the sort facilities start closing down this summer, it's only going to get worse.

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The moment I saw this thread I knew something really bad must have been done by USPS to some nice plants...boy, I sure was right.

I hope you get em' back!

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    The moment I saw this thread I knew something really bad must have been done by USPS to some nice plants...boy, I sure was right.
    Why do you all think that USPS is to blame?

Since 9/11 and the 2001 anthrax attacks all the things and goods transported by USPS are well inspected not only by USPS, but by CIA, FBI, Homeland Security and who knows what else organisation. It's war against terror.

Don't you think that the pitchers of a Cephalotus might look like somebody is sending a bunch of micro-bombs when roentgenizing the mail? Unusual look, might be a weapon? Or might be a biohazard? So if some of the organisations involved in fight against terror has blasted the package because of the strange contents, who is to blame?

I'm sure, if some package is blasted in the air due to war against terror, USPS is not allowed to tell anybody about it what happened to the package.

And perhaps they don't blast the package immediately, they just take it from USPS for further inspection, which may take some days. And then if everything is OK, they put it back to the USPS transportation chain a week later, or two.

If USPS claims not to know where the package is currently, I'd assume that some organization in the fight against terror has taken it for further inspection, and USPS is not allowed to tell about that. But perhaps I'm suffering from paranoia and USPS is as bad as everybody in the US seems to think.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse View Post
    But perhaps I'm suffering from paranoia and USPS is as bad as everybody in the US seems to think.
    Bingo..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast