Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fert ratios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fert ratios

I'm looking for a ratio for ferts that would be good to use on sundews and other carnivorous plants. I've already purchased trichodermas and have had safer garden fugicide for sometime... just read that it was good to use on cps... lol ferts is the last on my to buy list. Any help tfers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't grow dews (I have one D. adelae as a gnat catcher) only: Nepenthes, Utricularia and one Heliamphora but I use Grow More brand Urea Free Orchid fertilizer (the blue formula 20-10-20 + micro nutes) on those and have not had any issues. I use a 1/4 - 1/2 tea spoon of blue powder to a gallon of r/o or distilled water.

I try to alternate flushing the soil with it, using it as a foliar feed and squirt some into each open/active pitcher on the pitcher bearing plants. Most often I do foliar feed and pitcher target practice with the mister bottle cos it's faster than flushing each pot though it is good to do that occasionally so long as you follow up flush with pure water a day or so later so the nutes don't build up in the pots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dews are different from other CPs imo. They often react poorly to pesticides that Neps & others hardly notice. Same w/ ferts. A dose that is 'normal' for a Nep or Ceph will doom many dews. A buddy on TF killed many of his dews by not excluding them from the monthly fert watering of his Heli's.
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trichoderma is also less phytoantagonistic/phytoparasitic in nutrient rich enviroments..... I wouldnt apply both at the same time.

Ferts is like lighting, not many black and white answers but many shades of gray.... and I agree with Ron. Dews are less tolerant of chems of anykind....

hmmm wonder if Im that buddy he is referring too LOLOLOLOLOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So would a fungicide and trichodermas react to each other or are the trics not affected by the fungicide?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trichoderma is a fungus, albeit a beneficial one...

Personally, I dont recommend their (fungicide) use unless all else has failed.... they are not intelligent and kill both good and bad fungi.

Just my 2 cents though....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will depend on the fungicide AI and the strand of trich. Difficult to say.

edit: agree with Butch though. Would suggest trying one or the other, but not both at same time. If you don't already have a fungal issue, the trich should help in keeping it that way so you shouldn't need the fungicide. If a fungal issue is present, it is possible the trich can help to alleviate or eliminate the harmful fungi over time as I understand it.
    --------
    z

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zlookup View Post
    Will depend on the fungicide AI and the strand of trich. Difficult to say.
    +1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast