What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In San Francisco

I'm in San Francisco for work this week. Last night I was out bar-hopping with a coworker in the lightning storm, and we got drenched. By drenched, I mean we looked like we just crawled out of a pool by the time we got back to the hotel. Who needs public transportation when you have the option to walk 5 miles or so through the pouring rain with no umbrella?

In case anyone missed it in news - sometime in the middle of this, lightning struck all four towers of the SF bay bridge, which is unheard of. Here's a 20-second exposure a photographer took from their office.

file.php

Holy cow... that is truly amazing

Wow, that moment must've been shocking for the photographers, and people watching :p

You crazy... Hahaha. How many others participated in this tom-foolery? I hope today's weather made up for it. I was up in the City for a work gig myself. Awesome shot by that guy. All within 20 seconds... crazy.

You crazy... Hahaha. How many others participated in this tom-foolery?

Well, only two of us from the office were in SF to begin with. But there were hundreds+ of sober/drunk san franciscans out and about, just as dumb and wet as we were. :D

Those with umbreallas were still soaked from the waist down.

*peatmoss heads outside with his camera to look for lightning*

Awesome shot!

That image is burned into my brain for life. Thank you for posting it Veronis.

Back