What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FYI to the iPod users

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
I accudently switched to the boring blue template the other day and it seems to load better on my iPod with this template. Faster loads and not quite as much hang ups. I'm using and 8 gig iPod touch fourth gen. They only have 257mb of ram.

Just a lil FYI for those frustrated with slow page loads and freezing.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Of and turning the chat box off also helps.

I think it's the same for any of those devices. My boss and I have the same cell phone, android based. She has active wallpaper and I don't. I have much faster load times and much better battery life.

Oh yes Judy that is definitely the case there. Active wallpaper used the processor. So yes shorter bateru life and less mem for other things. My iPod is jail broken and bare bones for performance.

i thought of getting a broke nook color..first generation but not sure now. My android based phone is a fantastic mini-tablet but I really appreciate everything my son can do business wise with his ipad..point of sales, phot presentations, etc. he priced out ipads vs the other tablets and by the time he would have been done making equal machines the ipad was actually a better value for him. thinking of one for the photo buisness.

Look into the ATX transformer prime. It's bench marked to out perform the iPad and is android based. Grafix are better and you can do point of sale on your phone with square up. ATX prime will run just about as much as iPad. But to me I like android better and the ATX was built around their tragic processor but benchmarked for processing around the iPad. I want one. Lol

Thinking about rooting my fire.

I love iPads, I think they are just about the highest quality tablet. Except they don't have flash.

@Peatmoss - true, no flash, though soon enough Flash will be dead anyway. Remember, Apple were also the first guys to stop including floppy drives in their computers, and remember how everyone freaked out? Then they did the same thing with CD drives, and Firewire... point being, Apple likes to decide when aging technologies are dead, and they usually do it about two years before the public agrees with them.

I would personally recommend an iPad or other iOS device IF you have other Apple products. It sounds weird, but the network effect makes the experience with each individual device better when they integrate seamlessly with each other. I have a Macbook Pro and I love the ability to wirelessly, automatically sync my iOS devices with iTunes. I have an Apple TV, and giving friends the ability to whip out their phones and stream the latest funny YouTube video or song they've been listening to straight to my TV via AirPlay has been a boon. Downloading a song, app, or book, or taking a photo, and having it instantly show up on all your other devices is a whole lot more convenient than one would expect, too.

Outside of that, it's a matter of preference for operating system and hardware specs. I'll be the first to admit that Android tablets win out in that area, and most of them win on price, too... but, at the end, having all the devices you use every day work absolutely seamlessly with each other is worth the extra price and less-fancy OS, to me.

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Whoa, off topic much? Sorry about that folks!

@JB - do you select this template via settings? I assume it's the same on iPhones & iPads, right? You referring to the theme? My iPhone is getting full and cranky, perhaps this is just the boost it needs.

Totally never thought of it from that perspective, thanks!

Back