What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dueoka's plants

• Thread starter dueoka
  • Start date
My gosh! That peristome on the truncata x maxima or whatever it is... :drool:

Here's a few of the newest pitchers! Since it's summer time, I'm having to water a lot so the plants don't dry up. Might want to think about putting in a misting system soon!

Judith Finn after a few months without pitchers.

DSC02938.JPG

Avalon (alata x [veitchii x tiveyi]) colored up nicely

DSC02940.JPG
\

N maxima this is the biggest pitcher yet, but it's transitioning into uppers soon. :-(

DSC02933.JPG

N truncata is getting bigger, it's at 8.5 inches now. Turned out to have some nice red coloring, I hope it stays!

DSC02931.JPG

DSC02942.JPG

Thanks for looking! :-D

Very nice and big pitchers! I love the shape of your maxima. It's too bad that it won't be making them like that anymore. :(

I love the shape of your maxima. It's too bad that it won't be making them like that anymore. :(

Thanks! It's my favorite plant and my fastest growing too. The vine is about three feet long now. Once it flowers I'm gonna make cuttings I can giveaway.

Ya you think its "slowly" growing... untill one day you go to fit something in there and realize you have no more room hahaha ;)

He he, you're right! Just put in another bench for some plants arriving soon! I'll have lots of pictures soon!

Also repotted the truncata so I got better pics of the newest pitcher!

DSC02949+_2_.JPG

Last edited:
Just received a bunch of plants yesterday and I'm still in the process of photographing them all. Here's one that really stood out to me... sib x (talangensis x mira) :-O

124.JPG

128.JPG

truncata x maxima

049.JPG

things to come...

054.JPG

Everything is looking great!

Thanks for sharing!

That truncata x maxima is certainly an outrageous thing! 'Very nice.

Time for an update!

N Avalon colored up nicely. Really loving the pitcher on this one.

DSC03114.JPG

N maxima x northiana produced a monster pitcher. The last one was maybe a third of the size. Can't tell if it's from ferts or because I knocked of the last two tendrils. :-(

DSC03111.JPG

Some new arrivals:

N sib x maxima

010.JPG

And finally I've got a (sib x ventricosa) x merrilliana!

014.JPG

That's all for now, will post more tomorrow when I get them up. :-O

N. x mixta is a monster like that. I'm really liking N. Avalon. Such a subtle, graceful shape.

Thanks! If I remember correctly, N. Avalon is alata x (veitchii x tiveyi). I'm bummed because I recently knocked tip of a forming leaf off. The next leaf should form fine, but I felt like such a klutz!

I did that with my N. burkei a few days ago when repotting it. You're not the only one who does stuff like that.

Love the photos.
Miranda is so underrated IMO. I miss mine..

Neps seem ideal for most of the lower elevational areas in Hawaii. One day we need to test sarracenia. My Judith Finn just doesn't want to grow here. Have one brightly lit in greenhouse and others under shade. Wonder if it doesn't like cool nights

That N.maxima x northiana is a beautiful specimen. One of the better nothiana crosses I have seen!

Neps seem ideal for most of the lower elevational areas in Hawaii. One day we need to test sarracenia. My Judith Finn just doesn't want to grow here. Have one brightly lit in greenhouse and others under shade. Wonder if it doesn't like cool nights

I get temps in the 70s to low 80s during the day and nights in the mid 60s. Seems like I can grow some lowlanders and most intermediates. Not sure about highlanders though, maybe some of the more tolerant species? My Judith Finn is a fast growing plant, but it rarely pitchers. When it does the pitchers are large and colorful. Also looks like it might flower soon. As for the sarracenia, they're very pretty, but how would I handle their dormancy? I've heard of people putting them in their fridge? ???

Anyhoo, here are a few more pictures of the new plants. Enjoy!

Like I said, I really like this sib x (talangensis x mira). Great color and shape, this is one of my favorite plants! Can't wait till it gains some size.

125.JPG

037.JPG

Another new arrival, talangensis x veitchii. It's small but cute!

130.JPG

And finally, everything potted up and on the new bench.

132.JPG

Thanks for looking! :D

Just came back from vacation, and everything's grown nicely!

New pitcher on the truncata. Slowly getting bigger!

upload4.jpg

upload42.jpg

Another large pitcher on the truncata x maxima.

upload3.jpg

upload2.jpg

Small 'red leopard' pitcher. One of my favorite hybrids, fast-growing and pretty!

upload.jpg

First upper on the maxima. Not open yet...

upload5.jpg

And the 'Judith Finn' flower. If anyone needs pollen!

upload6.jpg

Thanks for looking! :D

Really awesome truncata!! Is it HL or LL?

im a sucker for truncatas and that one is sweeet! :)

Back