Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bidding is addictive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh bidding is addicting lol. The chance of being so close to something you want thus bidding on it and when a war begins its all about wining. Lol I wish I had almost unlimited fund cause I would bid higher on a lot of things just for the money to go to a good place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As someone who sells collectibles on eBay bidding does seem to be addicting, if only PAYING for bids was as addictive.... Each week there's at least one or two losers who won't pay for their auctions.

"My mother died."
    "I'm having brain surgery"
    "______insert any excuse____"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh. I do alittle work on ebay and I get that problem as well. I try and keep the name of the second highest bidder incase they want the item. Then I just take the item off ebay and have them send payment to my paypal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I avoid auctions if I can. I only do buy it nows and if it's something I really want I have a limit I will not pass. The whole notion is annoying to me. I just want to buy something not fight to see who has the most money. Even when it comes to charity. I'd rather go to the website and voluntarily give a donation within my reasonable limits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thag me too - when I'm buying something that I know isn't rare or hard to acquire I'll look only at buy it now's but thank god there's people who like to have bidding wars on rare stuff- it really helps pay the bills! LOL

Seems like it's almost always the lower winning bidders who try to cop out on paying. I guess they think "Eh it's only $10 with shipping I just won't pay it, it's not like I'm not paying for a $100 item..." It gets recorded the same: as an unpaid bid on their account though. Not sure how many they are allowed before they can't bid anymore eBay doesn't exactly specify. Wish there was a way to see who has unpaid bids and how many before my auctions end so I could just cancel those guys right off and not wind up wasting my and the other honest bidders' time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twenty-five -- no, thirty . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12