Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: $158 venusflytrap on ebay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have no way to know, but frequently these insane** prices are not followed by high-bidder payment. Sometimes the prices get bid up by seller-shills or just people who have no intention of paying. Sellers on cpuk have shared this phenomenon several times.

** my idea of insane is $150 for an $8 VFT. Not high prices per se, but high prices not backed by reason. A $1k adult eddy or $300 elgecko Ceph would not be 'insane' ...
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To each there own... But 150 for a VFT! Thats crazy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regrettably the bidder is new to ebay with only 4 purchases and is probably a new grower as well.

Hopefully this won't turn them off cp's when they find how much they have over paid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks very similar to a B52, which has large traps also, grows easy, and is readily available for cheap . So why the bidding war for this thing?

Emerald City, currently free of flying monkeys.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well.. obviously the people bidding on it feel it's worth that much. Ones mans "trash" is another man's treasure.

I would definitely pay up to $150 for a flytrap if I liked it enough. I already pay up to $40 for some young flytraps.

Or they are just bidding without intent to pay, which is pretty common. Make a new username and bid when it lists again.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crofthulhu View Post
    Well.. obviously the people bidding on it feel it's worth that much. Ones mans "trash" is another man's treasure.

I would definitely pay up to $150 for a flytrap if I liked it enough. I already pay up to $40 for some young flytraps.

Or they are just bidding without intent to pay, which is pretty common. Make a new username and bid when it lists again.
    I agree. I wouldn't pay that much for an eddie but for a wacky traps when it was still rare before people flooded the market, I would have payed at least $150

Emerald City, currently free of flying monkeys.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday View Post
    I agree. I wouldn't pay that much for an eddie but for a wacky traps when it was still rare before people flooded the market, I would have payed at least $150

Just a few months ago I would have looked at a robcantleyi and said "lol wut? No wai. $100 for a nep? pfft" But a flytrap? I would jump on it so quickly if it was one I wanted. Of course now I'm crazy about all carnies.. but it's just all about personal value, not the value everyone else places on a particular item. Just like I payed $40 for a young Korean Melody Shark, but I would have easily payed $150 for it, because it's worth that much to me. I'm pretty much that way with everything I buy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know guys... Still I would never pay that much for a Dionaea, why? Because they are all the same species. It just so happens that that species is very easily reproduced and not generally hard to grow.

That's why 100 dollars for a flytrap to most people is insane. Even if I thought wacky traps should exist, I would never pay more than 20 bucks for it because there are growers dividing rhizomes right now as I type this.

Rare Nepenthes and Heliamphora? It just takes a long time to make more of those. Which is why I would pay over 100 dollars for one. They're not easy to recreate which is why not everyone has one.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast