Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: $158 venusflytrap on ebay

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 year for a flowering N. edwardsiana...

Hilarious.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexenthes View Post
    1 year for a flowering N. edwardsiana...

Hilarious.
    I cant wait to see edwardsiana in grocery stores all over america.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL!!!! That is possibly the most ridiculous claim I have ever heard!

They do offer business class in high school, I took it and got a ninety eight...

Maybe you should try growing something other than a ventricosa before making claims about your Nepenthes growing prowess...
    <Av8tor1> as big as peat is, the bear runs not him

Big Boss, Founder, and Major Cheese of the Canadian Association for the Cultivation of Carnivorous Plants... Ask if you want to join, I'm the only member...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK you know what.. Ill make that a 2-3 yr flowering one.. And with using other tc stats for other plants, that is beyond reasonable.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday View Post
    OK you know what.. Ill make that a 2-3 yr flowering one.. And with using other tc stats for other plants, that is beyond reasonable.
    Yes, I agree.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peatmoss View Post
    LOL!!!! That is possibly the most ridiculous claim I have ever heard!

They do offer business class in high school, I took it and got a ninety eight...

Maybe you should try growing something other than a ventricosa before making claims about your Nepenthes growing prowess...
    I never said I can grow neps with "prowess". I simply said it is more than feasible that they are being multiplied in large numbers and being released slowly because getting 200+ per plant for 10 pants is better than gettnig 20 for 100 plants. Lerss people to deal with and less work required. So before everyone jumps down my throat about me not growing neps, they should study tc and learn about some of the things its capable of. I bet you;d all have wet your jeans if I would have told you that I could make over 500,000 dionaea from one tiny chunk of a leaf before you knew what you do now.

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It may sound hilarious but so did flying to the moon in the early 1900's... if we work at it by tweaking the genes and adding hormonal structures from a plant that can flower in 1 year then ya.. it most certainly is possible.

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a 2-3 year old edwardsiana would be about 1" in diameter. How do you turn that into a several feet wide several meter tall plant?

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    It may sound hilarious but so did flying to the moon in the early 1900's... if we work at it by tweaking the genes and adding hormonal structures from a plant that can flower in 1 year then ya.. it most certainly is possible.
    We are talking about current technology. I am sure it might be possible in 60 years though with our current advancements in gene technology.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast