Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated forum

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The server was comprimized by I believe a poorly written hack... I uninstalled all mods, rebuilt the forum, and while I was at it upgraded to the 4. version of vbulletin, i was already on vbulletin but the 3.8 version... I didn't let security lapse, but a update had released prior, but there was no mention of a security issue so I didn't hop right on it. As of now, everything is secure and the only hack/mod I have installed is the chatbox since this version has a lot of the things I had hacked in to make it do for you guys... If you want verification of it's security, you can go to this URL http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/terraforums.com it's ran by McAfee.... As best I can tell, it was not the black hold thing, but rather just attempting to redirect to other sites to make them money through google ads. I don't think it was successful though, it seemed to throw more errors than anything. So anyway, as the forum gets bigger and more popular I guess it draws more attention, there really isn't a whole lot more I can do. I already run a dedicated server so I don't need to worry about what others have on the server, and it is on Linux platform. I will monitor the url above carefully and run some other tools I have acquired frequently to make sure we stay clean, that's about the best we can do.
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    mass, i think in the new version it is one or the other... I will check tomorrow though and verify.
    Andrew
    -Andrew

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well right now I have to have two TF tabs up. One to see the private tab convo.. and another to see the public chat. Because it won't let me do both.. Basically can't send private chats while in the public room.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Did you hold ctrl and shift and press r?
    -Andrew

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really petty complaint, but is there any chance of getting the forum back to the pretty green motif?

Nvm, I found a way. It's not the same, but it'll do just fine.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't care much for the default color scheme, but the "dark green" I really like!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if this has been pointed out already, but I love that this new version of the forum supports mobile browsers. TF doesn't hang up on my iPhone / iPad anymore! It doesn't seem to have chat or live forum updates, but when I'm on my phone I'm not really using those features anyways. Nice job!

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going through my logs it appears the website was infected (Thursday pm 5-10-12) with the JS-Redirector-UL script which redirects your browser to a website that will attempt to download various malware like trojan horse or backdoor virus programs. Avast blocked access to these sites. Users who did not get a warning from their anti-virus/firewall programs or browser should probably update their virus definitions and scan their systems.

I noticed the VFT favorite.ico for terraforums has been replaced with the standard VBulletin favorite icon.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast