0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so bananas then? lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be attending. Oh and thanks to Joel I now know what time I HAVE to be there, but since I have not been there before I will be arriving early. I hope to meet all of you there.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tour is optional. Just as long as I have a head count so I know how many passes to reserve which is the reason for the advance sign-up.

Directions and details will be posted on the Yahoo Group and the website. The Yahoo Group will always have the most up to date information.

The grounds don't open until 10:30 am on Saturdays which is when the doors to the meeting room should be open.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awsome. thank you for the info. ill see you there

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My plan is to head out at ~8:30AM so hopefully I'll be there early due to a lack of traffic like last time, in which case I might loiter a while outside the meeting room with some breakfast or something. Haven't decided yet if I'm bringing any orphans or not...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thez_yo View Post
    My plan is to head out at ~8:30AM so hopefully I'll be there early due to a lack of traffic like last time, in which case I might loiter a while outside the meeting room with some breakfast or something. Haven't decided yet if I'm bringing any orphans or not...
    Not sure if you'll have the same experience... The two times (on two different years) I've been there, the man (with a mustache) at the parking lot guardhouse at one of the entrances didn't let me into the parking lot early. He said I could go in only until it was close to the official opening time.

I parked and stayed in my car around the very fancy homes near the entrance to the parking lot. Nothing too bad.

Hope you have loads of fun! Their desert garden is amazing.
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is anyone planning to take a trip over to the LA Arboretum Fern and Exotic Plant Society Show after the meeting?

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no sense in getting there too early. As Joel points out you can't park in the lot until the staff lets you. Street parking is limited, I think you need a resident's sticker. You are also not allowed on the grounds unless you have a sticker/pass or employee badge. You can't buy admissions until the booth opens at 10:30 and I won't have the passes until 10:30 either.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast