What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LACPS Meeting

An1matr0n1k

Brandon
i've noticed that a few people on here are members of the LACPS. i am planing on attending the meeting next month at CSUF and was wondering what time would be good to show up. thank you.

Brandon

Hey Brandon. The next meeting is at the Huntington Library and Botanical Gardens, not CSUF.

I'm sure NaN will chime in here with all the details soon enough.

thank you for letting me know. it was on the 16th at CSUF untill recently right? or am i banana's?

The previous meeting was at CSUF.
The next meeting is at the Huntington Library on June 9, 10:30am to 2:30pm. Advanced sign-up required.

Check out the website:
http://lacps.net/

The Huntington meeting has been scheduled since January. Forbes, our webmaster, has a full-time career in China and doesn't always have the most up-to-date information. You should join the LACPS Yahoo Group which has the most current information (except the automessage reminders sometimes don't get changed). We use this as a listserv so if you set it to send you daily digest emails you will get information in a timely manner. Link to the Yahoo Group can be found on the website.

may be able to go to the next meeting. How do you sign up?

Sign-ups were done at the last two meetings but shoot me a PM with your name. There probably will not be room on the greenhouse tour though. Priority goes to regulars and people who signed up earlier.

cool thank you. im more interested in meeting the members and getting to know people (i dont really need to see the greenhouse at the Huntington.......again) would it be alright to show up for the meet and greet if the tour is full?

I will be attending. Oh and thanks to Joel I now know what time I HAVE to be there, but since I have not been there before I will be arriving early. I hope to meet all of you there.

The tour is optional. Just as long as I have a head count so I know how many passes to reserve which is the reason for the advance sign-up.

Directions and details will be posted on the Yahoo Group and the website. The Yahoo Group will always have the most up to date information.

The grounds don't open until 10:30 am on Saturdays which is when the doors to the meeting room should be open.

awsome. thank you for the info. ill see you there :D

My plan is to head out at ~8:30AM so hopefully I'll be there early due to a lack of traffic like last time, in which case I might loiter a while outside the meeting room with some breakfast or something. Haven't decided yet if I'm bringing any orphans or not...

My plan is to head out at ~8:30AM so hopefully I'll be there early due to a lack of traffic like last time, in which case I might loiter a while outside the meeting room with some breakfast or something. Haven't decided yet if I'm bringing any orphans or not...

Not sure if you'll have the same experience... The two times (on two different years) I've been there, the man (with a mustache) at the parking lot guardhouse at one of the entrances didn't let me into the parking lot early. He said I could go in only until it was close to the official opening time.

I parked and stayed in my car around the very fancy homes near the entrance to the parking lot. Nothing too bad.

Hope you have loads of fun! Their desert garden is amazing.

Is anyone planning to take a trip over to the LA Arboretum Fern and Exotic Plant Society Show after the meeting?

There's no sense in getting there too early. As Joel points out you can't park in the lot until the staff lets you. Street parking is limited, I think you need a resident's sticker. You are also not allowed on the grounds unless you have a sticker/pass or employee badge. You can't buy admissions until the booth opens at 10:30 and I won't have the passes until 10:30 either.

Yeah, but also, I don't wanna be fighting traffic if I leave later. It's either get there early, or risk showing up when the meeting is getting over :lol:

There are places to eat on Calif. St. past Cal Tech. Head west of Allen. There's plenty of stuff downtown and in Old Town too.

Oh hey another questions for you guys that are going. Does anyone know if there will be any plants sold there? Thanks!
~Eric

It is always possible that there will be plants for sale, but if not that is why I m going to the LA Arboretum after the meeting.

Back