What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kyle's attempts at arthropod photography

You've got some great pics in here - thanks so much for sharing. The moth pics are killer!! :hail:
This guy was so awesome I had to make sure I got some shots. Never seen such a red aphid.
While you probably need to check with one of the official 'bug people' (mach, presto, etc), I don't think this critter is an aphid ... (my guess would be an immature version of something).

You've got some great pics in here - thanks so much for sharing. The moth pics are killer!! :hail:
While you probably need to check with one of the official 'bug people' (mach, presto, etc), I don't think this critter is an aphid ... (my guess would be an immature version of something).

looks like a true bug and not an aphid. so guessing first instar assassin or first instar milkweed bug.

Lab Shots easy. But harder to make them look real. Might have been in the freezer a bit too long....

diabrotica4320126web.jpg

Thanks Ron and Mach, I'll make that correction.

@Mach: LOL, yeah, I'd say they might be a little too cold. XD That teeny red guy was not "in situ," in fact, I did stage it in my little light tent. There was no way I was going to get a decent picture of it out in the yard, haha.

In other news, I've been browsing around flickr and such and lusting over new gear... now I've got $1,800 to save up for a lens and flash, lol. Looking into full-flash photography, it looks like something very worth trying. Might pick up a Canon 270EX to experiment with between now and whenever I may or may not finally get a twin lite, lol. This is the guy that just put me on a $1,800 savings spree. Some incredible stuff.

Back