What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kentucky river palisades

Small adventure to see the Blue Heron Rookeries located at the Kentucky River Palisades

Took some back roads to get there.... unexpected surprise, a small ferry...

Photo-0002.jpg

Photo-0005.jpg

(cell phone cam)

Waiting to board the Dixie Bell for the 3 hr dinner cruise down the Palisades
IMG_3731.jpg

IMG_3732.jpg

IMG_3733.jpg

It was soon obvious that I was not eguipped for good pics of the rookery, just too far and being dusk, too little light...
(I never seen so many 2 foot long L series Canon lenses in one place before LOL.... I felt so inadaquate LOL)

IMG_3766.JPG

IMG_3968.JPG

IMG_3775.jpg

IMG_3979.jpg

The nest were full of young Blue Heron's. I saw some nest with as many as 3 young ones. Many were excercising their wings wanting to fly.

Very cool day trip...

Thanks for looking and Santa..... I want a 2 foot long L series Canon for Christmas pleaseeeeeeeeeee
LOL

VERY cool Butch. We don't see them too often anymore up here. Bunch of Sandhill Cranes, but the herons seem to stick around the Great Lakes more.

OMG that lizard! :love:
That looks so awesome - I miss the swamps.

Sounds like an awesome experience, thanks for sharing.

Ooooh, ahhhh.

Butch doesn't strike me as a distracted driver at all . . .

Ooooh, ahhhh.

Butch doesn't strike me as a distracted driver at all . . .

LOL, not normally..... but when I was a young pup I wrecked my Camaro due to a ummmmm pair of daisy dukes bent over a car hood washing her car LOL

LOL, not normally..... but when I was a young pup I wrecked my Camaro due to a ummmmm pair of daisy dukes bent over a car hood washing her car LOL

Bummmmmer 'bout the Camaro maaan.

Ooooh, Daaaaissssssy Duuuuukes . . .

Back