Joshua from PA
    Looking for plants with Pennsylvania location data
    Grow List
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...923#post933923

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    um i ordered n inermis and n dubia seeds as my first carnivorous plants ver. suprisingly they sprouted, silly me though, i red into their conditions a little bit and was taking them in and out of a mini cooler i had set for them, and moving them all around the ouse to try and keep them in ideal light for enough tim. its not like on big stupid act but i ended up killing all 13 ish seedlings :/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One day I got a couple temperate pings given to me and I put them into the bog. Pings were not really that much of an interest at the time, so I never gave it a second thought how they propogate, etc., was not even sure they would survive. They did survive and flourish. The next year in spring I was doing my normal bog weeding, pulling up any little green "weed" I saw before they got out of hand. Shortly after that I was taking some pictures, put them on the computer, and discovered that some of those "weeds" I had missed days earlier were in fact little baby pings. Obviously I had pulled up and killed many baby pings. You could hear my scream a block away.

Another dumb thing I did taught me to READ the label before you start spraying what you think is bug killer but really weed killer in a similar-color container.
    Last edited by DJ57; 06-05-2012 at 06:40 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I accidentally dropped a giant S. flava off my roof.. 4 stories high.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first Nepenthes I ever had in my care, and which belonged to someone else, ended up dying after I stripped all the bark off the stem in a sort of OCD stupor. For some reason I couldn't figure out why it was dying (had it sitting in water halfway up the pot for several months), so I thought maybe the bark was some kind of fungal infection.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True that, carn.. I saw a Nepenthes - the rest is history

I've klutz'd my way around Helis and crushed many a nectar spoon. I kept a pygmy dew pot in water up to the rim of the pot in grad school. I repotted vfts into regular dirt from the back yard and kept them like tropical plants when my mom would buy them for me at 15. The vogelli would get it every time it started a tendril - barely made pitchers because of bad conditions and my bear-like paws. I kept said Helis on a balcony outside in the burning sun in San Diego. I filled said Heli pitchers with crickets (omg the stench!). I'm sure the list goes on..

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I do on occasion every few months is bump into a Nepenthes leaf causing it to snap off... oh well, gotta wait for the leaf after that!

Like most, at the beginning of the hobby I watered my CP's with hard water.

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just interesting to see we have all made some of the same mistakes. Should be a good thread for newbies to read so they don't make the same mistakes we did. Lol.
    Joshua from PA
    Looking for plants with Pennsylvania location data
    Grow List
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...923#post933923

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast