What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prometheus!

lil hokie

heatherfeather knows the weather!
I do not know how many of you are planning on seeing Prometheus or have seen it already BUT if you do and you look closely you will see a Nepenthes on the ship in one of the character's rooms!!

I whacked my dad's arm when I saw it.

Plus I thought it was a really good movie.

hahaha hey dad check it out! smack!! XD

now i kinda wanna see it. they should sneak CPs in more movies :)

Is that the one with Nazis from the dark side of the moon?

I saw it as well lol Looked like a N x ventrata to me. Funny that they were growing it upside down! Great movie btw.

Lol I saw that too!!! Was kinda surprised, You don't see Nepenthes in movies to often haha. It was really cool that it was growing upside down, Never heard of anyone doing that before :)

Just got back from seeing it, dont think there is much doubt about it being a prequel to Alien..... a whole lot of Alien deja-vu, very unoriginal

Decent movie, but not anywhere close to the standard set by Blade Runner and Alien IMHO

a whole lot of Alien deja-vu, very unoriginal

i find many many movies in the last few years to be unoriginal. its almost as if they take the ideas of past films but just have the most up to date special effects to blow people's minds so as to get away with it. The last movie i was truly impressed with was the girl with the dragon tattoo. Was very well done and if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend ya do!

Definitely need to see it now.

i find many many movies in the last few years to be unoriginal. its almost as if they take the ideas of past films but just have the most up to date special effects to blow people's minds so as to get away with it. The last movie i was truly impressed with was the girl with the dragon tattoo. Was very well done and if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend ya do!

The actress that played Elizabeth Shaw in Prometheus was the girl from the original Girl With The Dragon Tattoo trilogy movies just so ya know haha.

Plus this movie was a prequel to the Alien movies. And with prequels you have to tie in themes from the other movies with that being said I still believe this movie did contain originality. Plus this is 2012, pretty much everything we think of today has already been thought of before. Originality is an illusion.

Back