User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prometheus: Suck, blow; or rule?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prometheus: Suck, blow; or rule?

I caught Prometheus the other night and I still cannot decide, for the moment, whether I want to applaud Ridley Scott or strangle that limey ******* with a length of piano wire. The film has the dubious benefit of some of the stupidest scientists ever on film -- a close second only to that guy with the seven foot hypodermic in The Amazing Colossal Man. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY5cf...feature=relmfu (6:30) That said, there is a lot to look at; but it suffers from the "let's diminish the mystery syndrome" whose precedence was set when Darth Vader was unmasked; and it was revealed that there was just a poached three-minute egg inside.

Maybe the Blu-Ray and another thirty minutes?
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't sen it yet but am wondering if I should . . .fyi I liked the avengers and battleship but in battleship I thought "well the aliens can't just be wiped out like that" ,so I was a little disappointed.

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea I just saw it and in my opinion it was good. Not as good as the Aliens series though. If you plan to watch Prometheus it would be a good idea to watch Alien, Aliens, and Aliens 3. If you like the series and are looking for some sort of game then I would recommend Dead Space and Dead Space 2, both are great scifi slash horror games with the similar monsters and idea of the Aliens series.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont blame scott. blame his writter, Damon Lindelof
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daisybell View Post
    dont blame scott. blame his writter, Damon Lindelof
    Yeah, I agree to a point; but he's captain of the ship and had thirty years with which to come up with new material . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I saw it in 3D and I was constantly wondering when the fun was going to begin. I was hoping for an Avatar level type of experience but instead felt like there was just one or two scenes where any attempt was made. I felt it was done more because "everyone is doing it" than for the fun of the movie audience.

Story wise.... I felt it was a cheesey and tired rip off from the classic space genre movies, especially Alien.
    I mean... come on, another talking decapitated android head?.... sheesh, why not just reuse some of Ripley's lines

It would have been much better had I not been there when the first Alien movie came out. I was hoping for the excitment level of it and Blade Runner.

But felt like what i got was pick pocketed for my money....
    It is like the 4th Star Wars movie, I guess the royalty checks were starting to run out.

Ummmm, I'm holding back LOL

Very disappointed :P

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeez, tell us your real opinion, David. Stop holding back buddy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally liked it, but then again I love all alien based sci-fi movies