Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another amazing new plant...

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jeez sorry to hear about that. . . I guess thats the risk buying lil' plants out of TC. . . many of the plants I have gotten from him have had this "black syndrome". Luckily, it was only on the leaves.

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This wasn't a TC'ed plant, It was seed grown.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First time order.
    Last edited by thelarge; 06-15-2012 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Group order and unaware of the situation.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hm.
    Last edited by mato; 01-06-2013 at 01:37 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a shipment I got maybe two years ago that everything didn't look quite that gone, but I did hear it suffered in transit and I'm guessing I had something like 75% losses. I had a Heliamphora parva that looked pretty awful, but ended up surviving, but he sent a replacement anyway. I ended up having two parvas, one of which I got the chance to put up on the NASC auction here. The website guarantees that the plants will look good and will definitely survive, so in this case, I would email him and leave him to his good word to replace/refund or whatever is necessary. If you continue to make passive-aggressive threads like this, all you're doing is making yourself look bad, and not really bringing the issue up with him. While I would document if your plant looks bad (and if it looks good too - records are always a plus), I would suggest a more respectful tone to them.
    Last edited by thez_yo; 06-15-2012 at 09:26 AM. Reason: took vendor name out. sorry :(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow that's heart breaking! =( As with all misfortunes, just wait and something TRULY GREAT is going to come your way! =D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also agree with Thez, if the person you're mentioning is the same one i am thinking of. He had notified me of upcoming complications regarding this--plants were held longer than desired in customs for no apparent reason. told me to send photos of bad plants and they would be replaced by the end of this month. pretty reasonable to me...hang in there cthulhu, you'll get a decent replacement from him. this is the first time i ever received plants like this also (N. campanulata)---yeah, shattered heliamphora pitchers in the past, but that's kinda expected due to their fragile nature.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with Thez, Amp & C12. As I commented in the other thread in the Nep area, the plants are going to be small - that's to be expected (& I believe he will share the sizes upon request). As with any international shipments, the time it takes to get from one point to another can vary greatly as can the conditions along the way. Given those variables, some plants in poor condition are inevitable. However, from what I've seen on all of the boards is that this seller stands behind his plants.

Heck, when I'm dealing with growers in Central & South America, I don't think I've gotten a package in less than 2 weeks & 3 is more the norm. Since the seeds I receive degrade quickly over time, I've yet to get rare utric seed that germinates. Aaargh.
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast