What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

long weekend.....

the Montana Newspaper Associations annual Press Convention was this weekend in Big Sky, since my wife is president of one of the boards and we were up for a few awards we headed southwest on Wednesday......my wifes two sisters flew in from Houston and Lincoln for a vacation and we spent a fair amount of time goofing off.....one of our reporters won 3 first place and one second place awards for his writing in competition with papers around the state...

the wife got me on a horse for the first time in 15 years....with bad knees ive decided this sure beats hiking rough country
DSCF2091.jpg

on the way home we drove through Yellowstone, i had never made it down there and my wife hadnt been since she was a kid so the girls hadnt seen it yet either
DSCF2112.jpg

DSCF2117.jpg

DSCF2128.jpg

DSCF2149.jpg

DSCF2152.jpg

DSCF2156.jpg

DSCF2137.jpg

heading towards Billings leaving the park we took the Beartooth Highway
DSCF2169.jpg

DSCF2171.jpg

the wife also got me out whitewater rafting for the first time on the Gallatin, she has those pics elsewhere, will post some when i get ahold of the disk...

'Nice photos, rattler. Especially of the wildlife. On my first trip Yellowstone wasn't what I expected it to be - but it was every bit as awesome.

nice pics Yellowstone is beautiful you need to walk the back trails next time you go there

was in a bit of a rush through the park, had to get my wifes sister on a plane in Billings so she could get back to Houston for work.....would like to do some hiking there at some point.....also would like to check some of the country above the tree line along the Beartooth Highway.....was a really cool drive and worth taking if yah get a chance but its not a road i would want to take after dark.....

glacier national park is the best place to go over the tree line the 5 k trail rules

done a fair bit of hiking in Glacier, been there a number of times, this was my first trip down to Yellowstone which is kinda funny cause Yellowstone is a fair bit closer than Glacier to me....

Wow, that is so nice! I've still never been and mean to get out there one of these days..

Back