What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP Art Photography Website

Hello,

Here is a project I have been working on for some time now, Art photography of my considerable collection.

The compostions are arranged to give the subjects life, movement, tension & balance as oppossed to static specimen profiles with unbalanced negative space.

There are also shots I have taken of the local wild CP.

Some examples can be seen below, please visit the website to see many more!

[url]http://www.mkaelin.com[/URL]

My own cultivated Carnivorous Plants photographed in the studio:

8809WM.jpg

15WM.jpg

7WM.jpg

9125eWM.jpg

Some of the local Long Island Carnivores in the wild:

0109c2wms.jpg

9990ctwms.jpg

9660wms.jpg

Amazing shots! I'll definitely be buying some soon. . .

I don't actually do sales from the website.
That is there for the gallery customers I meet in person when they visit the website afterwards.

This post is just for the CP people to enjoy the photos actually...

And that I did! Great photos! :)

THAT SECOND NEP!!! :drool:

Thanks Brokken, glad ya like em!

I'm guessing you mean the Lowii x Ventricosa Red upper pitcher, Pineapple. That is a great plant

Are those New York purps?

Yep, Long Island Purps to be more specific. From one of the remaining populations out by Riverhead

Nice! That's a very important bog.

On a side note, you can see why I don't think the purp subspecies are valid. Look at the size of those hoods! Beautiful plants.

Nice! That's a very important bog.

On a side note, you can see why I don't think the purp subspecies are valid. Look at the size of those hoods! Beautiful plants.

Yes, they've got great hood... heh

That is one of the nicer Purp bogs on LI. There's a bunch of other really special spots too, most of them well-protected. Main issue here is fire-suppression.

I'll probly start a couple of LI CP threads with all the pics I've taken and descriptions of different locations...

Thanks Limeslide! There's plenty more photos on the website, take a look if ya like em!

About time we saw more of your work. Thanks for sharing.

Impressive pics! I especially like the hamata, but then again I like anything with teeth. :D

Sure Warren, here's a few more:

40WM.jpg

Ventricosa x TM

48WM.jpg

Lowii x Spectabilis

9091WM.jpg

Marston Dragon

Thanks hcarlton! Yes, plants with teeth rule!

I really like the Marston Dragon pic.

Back